[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS?

Balzac

In second place in a playoff elimination league that has standard performance scoring. I pick a QB, RB and WR/TE each week, but can't select anyone twice. Here are my choices this week:

QB: All available QBs (went with Palmer and Brady so far)

RB: All available RBs (went with Portis and Edge so far)

WR/TE: Can't pick either of the Smiths (went with Steve and then Rod so far)

I'm thinking Roethlisberger (probably has the best matchup against DEN and I'd like to keep Hasselbeck until next week), Alexander (he's the only stud RB left and I'm one of the few who hasn't selected him yet - don't want to wait until next week and risk losing out on him) and Ward (best matchup of those that are left). Any advice would be appreciated.

In second place in a playoff elimination league that has standard performance scoring.  I pick a QB, RB and WR/TE each week, but can't select anyone twice.  Here are my choices this week:

QB:  All available QBs (went with Palmer and Brady so far)

RB:  All available RBs (went with Portis and Edge so far)

WR/TE:  Can't pick either of the Smiths (went with Steve and then Rod so far)

I'm thinking Roethlisberger (probably has the best matchup against DEN and I'd like to keep Hasselbeck until next week), Alexander (he's the only stud RB left and I'm one of the few who hasn't selected him yet - don't want to wait until next week and risk losing out on him) and Ward (best matchup of those that are left).  Any advice would be appreciated.

1271192[/snapback]

So, you can go with Roethlisberger, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, or Plummer at QB.

You can go with Parker, Bettis, Alexander, Goings, Anderson or Bell at RB.

You can go with Ward, or Djax at WR, since it doesn't make much sense to go with a #2 WR as far as I'm concerned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is pretty easy. Start the guys that you think won't be playing next week, right? So it's less of a WDIS, and more of who you think will win, right?

So it's less of a WDIS, and more of who you think will win, right?

1271251[/snapback]

I'm in a similar situation. Hugh who do u think will win?

I got Seahawks over Carolina, and Denver over Pitt.

Agree?

So, you can go with Roethlisberger, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, or Plummer at QB.

You can go with Parker, Bettis, Alexander, Goings, Anderson or Bell at RB.

You can go with Ward, or Djax at WR, since it doesn't make much sense to go with a #2 WR as far as I'm concerned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is pretty easy. Start the guys that you think won't be playing next week, right? So it's less of a WDIS, and more of who you think will win, right?

1271251[/snapback]

That's certainly a part of it, but you also have to try to maximize points - you only get to choose 1 at each position. Take into account the fact that 2 of the 4 at any of the positions will be available next week - e.g., at QB, do I take Roethlisberger or Delhomme right now? I think they'll both be gone next week (leaving Hass and Plummer to choose from next week), but who is the better play? I could also be wrong in thinking that those are the 2 to be eliminated.

As far as Alexander goes, I think Seattle will make it to the SB, but there is obviously a fair chance that they are eliminated by Carolina. Because I am one the only 2 people (out of 18) who have yet to select Shaun so far, that gives me a decided advantage over the other people in the league who will be forced to play the Mike Andersons and Willie Parkers this week - keeping that in mind, do I try to save Shaun for next week and run the risk of losing that advantage? I'm leaning towards starting him and then going with the AFC back in the SB - this will ensure that I capitalize on the best RB left in the field, regardless of when.

I'm in a similar situation. Hugh who do u think will win?

I got Seahawks over Carolina, and Denver over Pitt.

Agree?

1271795[/snapback]

That's what I'm thinking, but we've seen some wacky games thus far. Carolina and Pitt have a ton of momentum going into this weekend, so I could easily see them both winning.

OK, here's my take. I like waiting on Alexander because I think he's going to the Bowl, and I think he's banged up enough that his performance will suffer this week.

I think Pittsburgh beats Denver. So I'd be inclined to start Plummer, who sucks, so you have Ben in the big dance. It's a risk for sure, but could put you over the top if it pans out. So, for the SuperBowl, plan on starting Hass, Alexander and DJax, and go with Delhomme, Goings and Engram this week. THen I go with Plummer, Anderson and Lelie this week, and in the Super Bowl Roethlisberger, Bettis or Parker, and Ward.

That's what I'd do.

OK, here's my take. I like waiting on Alexander because I think he's going to the Bowl, and I think he's banged up enough that his performance will suffer this week.

I think Pittsburgh beats Denver. So I'd be inclined to start Plummer, who sucks, so you have Ben in the big dance. It's a risk for sure, but could put you over the top if it pans out. So, for the SuperBowl, plan on starting Hass, Alexander and DJax, and go with Delhomme, Goings and Engram this week. THen I go with Plummer, Anderson and Lelie this week, and in the Super Bowl Roethlisberger, Bettis or Parker, and Ward.

That's what I'd do.

1272149[/snapback]

I'm not sure I explained myself properly - for my 3 picks this week, I can go with guys from any team (i.e. they don't have to be from the same team). You seem to be suggesting going with guys that are all on the same team - not a great idea if that particular team happens to get shut out this weekend. You also seem to be recommending different teams for each week based on AFC/NFC splits.

I get to choose 1 RB, 1 QB and 1 WR/TE each week - they can be from any team, but once I pick them, I can't pick them again. So, if I pick Roeth, Alexander and Ward this week and both PIT and SEA win - I'm not screwed. I can still go with Hass, Parker and Jackson in the SB.

I'm not sure I explained myself properly - for my 3 picks this week, I can go with guys from any team (i.e. they don't have to be from the same team).  You seem to be suggesting going with guys that are all on the same team - not a great idea if that particular team happens to get shut out this weekend.  You also seem to be recommending different teams for each week based on AFC/NFC splits. 

I get to choose 1 RB, 1 QB and 1 WR/TE each week - they can be from any team, but once I pick them, I can't pick them again.  So, if I pick Roeth, Alexander and Ward this week and both PIT and SEA win - I'm not screwed.  I can still go with Hass, Parker and Jackson in the SB.

1272309[/snapback]

Ahh, my bad, I thought you picked AFC and NFC starters.

I think people sometimes give too much thought as to who they think MIGHT win in contests like this. At this point, both games are too close to call. I would go with the three players that you think will score the most points. Personally, I would take Hasselbeck, Anderson, and DJackson. Worst case scenario, Denver and Seattle win, and you're "stuck" with Plummer, Alexander, and Lelie, Engram, or Jurevicious for the SB.

I think people sometimes give too much thought as to who they think MIGHT win in contests like this.  At this point, both games are too close to call.  I would go with the three players that you think will score the most points.  Personally, I would take Hasselbeck, Anderson, and DJackson.  Worst case scenario, Denver and Seattle win, and you're "stuck" with Plummer, Alexander, and Lelie, Engram, or Jurevicious for the SB.

1274863[/snapback]

I don't want to use Plummer at all, as that O focuses on the run way too much. And what if Seattle loses? I then lose the ability to use Shaun Alexander at all - not good and not an advantage that I want to relinquish. I also prefer the PIT tandem of Roeth and Ward this week, as Denver's pass D is flat out atrocious - I think the Steelers will be forced to pass and will fare well doing so. I will then cross my fingers that Seattle wins so I can go with Hass and DJax next week along with whover the AFC RB is.

I'm in a similar league, and am stuck using Plummer this week, since I used Ben last week and need to save my NFC QB for the Super Bowl.

If I were you, I'd use Hasselback (I think he'll be the top QB this week), Alexander (just in case he loses this week), and Jackson or Ward (though Champ could limit him). I know, potentially lots of Seahawks this week, but the Denver-Pitt game is gonna be ugly for both offenses. Whoever wins will fare much better next week against the Seahawks, though Ward should still get his (80/TD)

Thus, your line-up next week will be:

AFC QB (BB or Plummer)

AFC RB (Parker, Anderson or Bettis)

Multiple WRS, based on who advances

:D Good Luck!