[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which of these backs can be big time?

Cunning Runt

What is the story with Cedric Benson?  Will he be a starter next season, or what?  I have him on my squad and didn't know if I should keep him.  Is Thomas Jones REALLY going to be there again?

1279306[/snapback]

I believe I saw an article which had Lovie stating that Jones has proven this season that he deserves to be the starter. If Benson wants to start he's going to have to take it.

For some background on why I ask - these are the guys I've drafted in a dynasty league draft that's ongoing right now.

Granted it's my first dynasty league and the league itself is just getting off the ground. I went almost exclusively youth and for guys that currently are back-ups but who I think could be studs if given the chance either on their current team or elsewhere.

Here they are in no specific order - which do you think might pan out and how soon?

Marion Barber

Cedric Benson

Frank Gore

Maurice Morris

Michael Turner

Chester Taylor

Ronnie Brown

Travis Henry

1277878[/snapback]

Marion Barber

Think is very good, but, I also think that JJ is very good. Probably similar numbers to this year, unless JJ goes down to injury.

Cedric Benson

Thomas Jones is back, and I haven't seen enough from Benson to make a determination.

Frank Gore

I like his talent, but I still think the 49'ers are awful, and it is going to be tough

for any back to be conistently good.

Maurice Morris

If Alexander leaves, and he is the man, I think he could be a steal and have

a very solid season

Michael Turner

Don't know that he could be an everydown back, but he is fast and explosive. Could be nice if LT went down.

Chester Taylor

I believe he is CLEARLY a better back than Lewis at this point in their careers.

Ronnie Brown

Has future STUD written all over him. He is the real deal. Also a good receiver out of the backfield. The sky is the limit with this kid.

Travis Henry

I will be surprised if he ever has a consistently good fantasy impact

Of those you listed I like Benson and Brown the best. I think Henry still has plenty left in the tank, and could be a top 10 back again if only he got the chance, unfortuntatley I don't see him getting the chance. Gore is really the only other one that intrigues me. If SF can get a passing game, to keep 8 men out of the box on every down, then we might see something out of Gore.