[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which of these backs can be big time?

Cunning Runt

For some background on why I ask - these are the guys I've drafted in a dynasty league draft that's ongoing right now.

Granted it's my first dynasty league and the league itself is just getting off the ground. I went almost exclusively youth and for guys that currently are back-ups but who I think could be studs if given the chance either on their current team or elsewhere.

Here they are in no specific order - which do you think might pan out and how soon?

Marion Barber

Cedric Benson

Frank Gore

Maurice Morris

Michael Turner

Chester Taylor

Ronnie Brown

Travis Henry

Marion Barber - will do well with Parcells, which could be trouble for JJ.

Cedric Benson - Will go as far as Chicago's offense will let him.

Frank Gore - If SF turns around, I think this guy has potential.

Maurice Morris - Not big on this guy.

Michael Turner - See above.

Chester Taylor - Can't be worse than Jamal last year.

Ronnie Brown - Will be a great back IMO, as soon as they get rid of Williams.

Travis Henry - biased on this one, but Tenn won't do him any favors.

Marion Barber - will do well with Parcells, which could be trouble for JJ.

Cedric Benson - Will go as far as Chicago's offense will let him.

Frank Gore - If SF turns around, I think this guy has potential.

Maurice Morris - Not big on this guy.

Michael Turner - See above.

Chester Taylor - Can't be worse than Jamal last year.

Ronnie Brown - Will be a great back IMO, as soon as they get rid of Williams.

Travis Henry - biased on this one, but Tenn won't do him any favors.

1277957[/snapback]

'preciate the input - anyone else?

Michael Turner is a very good RB languishing in the shadow of a usually healthy LT. LT would have to go down for a prolonged period of time or Turner would have to go to another team for him to have any FF impact.

Cedric Benson - He is a BIG TIME Talent, and has the production to back it up.

If and when Thomas Jones goes down...it's lights out.

Ronnie Brown - He needs to be a bit more selfish, he has a FB mentality. He has great talent too. Given the veteran phins and saban, he'll be much more comfortable next year.

The rest are just filler:

Jones is a better back than Barber, and Jones will still get his 20-25 carries a game. If you own Jones, Barber is a must own annoyance.

What is the story with Cedric Benson?  Will he be a starter next season, or what?  I have him on my squad and didn't know if I should keep him.  Is Thomas Jones REALLY going to be there again?

1279306[/snapback]

He will probably still be second string because he will have only had 12 months to pick up the offense. :D

Marion Barber - Certainly has the nose-for-the-end-zone. Will he continue to be a spot-duty guy? Maybe he'll get fat and will be The Bus II. :D

Cedric Benson - Has the pedigree/experience, but will he be injury-prone? Thomas Jones?

Frank Gore - Well, McGahee has turned it around since a hugh injury, why not Gore?

Maurice Morris - Haven't been too impressed, but behind that line... and a full season? Who knows.

Michael Turner - He's pretty small, but fast and compact. But LT's not going anywhere.

Chester Taylor - Has good skills, and will continue to get looks no matter what Jamal Lewis' situation is. Would of course have tremendous value should Lewis not be a Raven.

Ronnie Brown - Gotta think he'll have the full time gig. Probably this coming season. He'll be a beast.

Travis Henry - If (or should I say when) Chrissy Brown goes down with a season-ending injury, Henry would be more than servicable as a #2 fantasy RB.

Marion Barber- I think I like him over Jones but will probably only start when Jones is hurt again. Always could shake out where he is #1 and Jones plays on 3rd down

Cedric Benson- Behind T Jones for now. But he's not much more durable than his brother. Will eventually start

Frank Gore- Will probably start. Barlow I think will be gone from SF

Maurice Morris- Probably will start if SA leaves. Depends on draft & Free Agency.

Michael Turner- Stuck behind LT

Chester Taylor- May start elswhere and be OK. Bal won't keep him & Lewis

Ronnie Brown- Stud, hopefully Ricky is traded

Travis Henry- Good back needs C. Brown to get hurt

Not that I care :D

For some background on why I ask - these are the guys I've drafted in a dynasty league draft that's ongoing right now.

Granted it's my first dynasty league and the league itself is just getting off the ground. I went almost exclusively youth and for guys that currently are back-ups but who I think could be studs if given the chance either on their current team or elsewhere.

Here they are in no specific order - which do you think might pan out and how soon?

Marion Barber

Cedric Benson

Frank Gore

Maurice Morris

Michael Turner

Chester Taylor

Ronnie Brown

Travis Henry

1277878[/snapback]

They all suck. You might as well pack it in now. Love, your Divisional rival. :D

Awful early but I'll play

Marion Barber - Seems to be a Bill favorite but probably same RBBC

Cedric Benson - Should be a great one but until TJ goes, he will share at least some

Frank Gore - Looked better than Barlow, could supplant him on the worst offense in the NFL

Maurice Morris - backup only

Michael Turner - decent runner, but just a good backup

Chester Taylor - see above

Ronnie Brown - Unless RW leaves, same RBBC. If RW goes, then he could be gold.

Travis Henry - Never really liked him. And he has rarely ever proved me wrong. Decent back-up to me.

1. Brown

2. Gore

3. Benson

4. Barber

1279566[/snapback]

I don't get the complete downgrade of Travis Henry I under stand he is number to but by who Chris Brown :D Truth is Henry is a great RB who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and in terms of who CAN be I think it has to be Henry.

Who else have you drafted so far? Just curious to see how these guys fit in with the rest of your team.

1279870[/snapback]

We draft IDPs as well. Roster is 35 players deep (list is NOT the order in which they were drafted). We're almost 3/4s through the draft. Like I said - I went youth for the most part. Love my defensive players for the most part, particularly LB, but I do need some of the RBs to turn into the real deal. Also need Javon Walker to come back strong.

Cunning Runts

Brees, Drew SDC QB

Campbell, Jason WAS QB

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Benson, Cedric CHI RB

Brown, Ronnie MIA RB

Gore, Frank SFO RB

Henry, Travis TEN RB

Morris, Maurice SEA RB

Taylor, Chester BAL RB

Turner, Michael SDC RB

Clayton, Mark BAL WR

Edwards, Braylon CLE WR

Johnson, Chad CIN WR

Parker, Eric SDC WR

Walker, Javon GBP WR

Crumpler, Alge ATL TE

Hilton, Zack NOS TE

Burgess, Derrick OAK DE

Ware, Demarcus DAL DE

Fisher, Bryce SEA DE

Merriman, Shawne SDC LB

Porter, Joey PIT LB

Thomas, Adalius BAL LB

Wilson, Al DEN LB

McAlister, Chris BAL CB

Sheppard, Lito PHI CB

Archuleta, Adam STL S

Marion Barber- I think he'll continue to put up similar numbers while in Big D. Parcells will continue to work in different backs as the season progresses next year.

Cedric Benson- I saw him play a few times, and he looked pretty good. Until Thomas Jones leaves the starting lineup, he won't have much fantasy value.

Frank Gore- Looked better than Barlow for 2/3 of the season. He can follow blocks with speed and power. Of course in SanFran the problem is finding people to block for him.

Maurice Morris- Decent back. As the starter, he could put up good numbers. He won't do anything flashy.

Michael Turner- He plays behind Tomlinson. 'nuff said.

Chester Taylor- Much will depend on where he ends up.

Ronnie Brown- He wears down opponents. He was fun to watch when he got the opportunities this year. If Ricky leaves, he'll be a great player for FF. The 'Phins have a lot of upside next year.

Travis Henry- Bum.

It appears this was all for naught.

This team was part of the "Caucasian is a cheater" league (thread currently on the boards describing the transgressions leading to this assertion). so it looks like my team as noted will be scrapped and we'll start over.

When you do start over. Try picking a team with some talent (proven talent) along with all those rookies. You do want to compete in the next 3-5 years right?

1282882[/snapback]

:D

Probably will. I drafted this way because it was a fairly cheap entry fee and I was kind of doing some experimenting - particularly at the RB position. I'm interested to see how the experiment would have worked so I'll be keeping tabs on those RBs going forward.

Could have been a genius - could have been a complete idiot.