[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Movie Review: Underworld Evolution

Phat1

Well, I had to take my niece and a couple of her friends to the mall today, so while they were shopping I decided to check out Underworld Evolution. Saw a preview for Violet Blue starring Milla Jojovich which looks pretty good.

First off, don't go see this movie unless you have seen the first one and liked it.

The movie basically picks up right where the first movie left off. Marcus, the first vampire and last remaining elder, awakens from his hibernation and tries to free his brother, the first werewolf. Kate Beckinsale character, Selene, tries to stop him. That's pretty much sums up the plot of the movie. A whole lotta shooting and fighting ensues, and an 1 1/2 hours later the movie is over.

There's a lot of action, but the way it's filmed and the dark lighting make it very hard to follow.

The special effects were done very well, especially the werewolf transformations.

I really can't recommend this movie to anyone, unless:

(A) you liked the first one

or

(:D you have a compulsive need to see Kate in a leather bodysuit.

I'd give it a 3 out of 5, which in my opinion means, wait for it to come out on dvd. Fans of the first Underworld will enjoy it, but not many others.

:D  Doesn't everyone have a compulsive need to see Kate Beckinsale in a leather bodysuit?

:D

1280726[/snapback]

I do! I do! :drool:

I saw the film at the early show today. I enjoyed the first movie and now the sequal. I you can wrap your head around some nutty mythology of vampires and werewolves and like lots of action go for it. I think some of this movie's appeal will be lost outside the theater though. This movie doesn't have more than 100 lines of dialogue. Go for the matinee if you can IMO.