[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets' Offensive Coordinator

Easy n Dirty

This has understandably been overlooked amid all the playoff hoopla (or at least I think it has, I may have missed a thread already discussing this), but what's going on here is sorta' interesting. Mike Heimindinger (sp?), who came on board last season from the Titans as Jets' offensive coordinator, now wants out of New York...but the Jets won't let him go, at least not yet. As of the last I heard, the Jets are forcing Heimindinger to adhere to his contract, which I think has another two years on it.

This situation should come to a head very shortly - with Kubiak officially named as coach of the Texans, the Bronocs now need an offensive coordinator, and heimindinger is supposedly high on their list (Shanahan and he were roommates in college).

We Jets fans never got a fair look at heimindinger and his offense because of the Jets' problems at the QB position, but I cannot see how it benefits the Jets to keep this guy around if he doesn't want to be here. I suspect Mangini will be in the market for a new offensive coordinator very soon.

This situation should come to a head very shortly - with Kubiak officially named as coach of the Texans, the Bronocs now need an offensive coordinator, and heimindinger is supposedly high on their list (Shanahan and he were roommates in college).

1283206[/snapback]

McNair named Kubiak as the next coach of the Texans yesterday, although a contract has to be reached to make it official. I have heard the same rumors about Dinger to the Broncos as well. But like you , I don't see why the Jets would want to keep him if he didn't want to be there.

McNair named Kubiak as the next coach of the Texans yesterday, although a contract has to be reached to make it official.  I have heard the same rumors about Dinger to the Broncos as well.  But like you , I don't see why the Jets would want to keep him if he didn't want to be there.

1283222[/snapback]

If the Jets didn't keep people who didn't want to be there, they'd have no coaches or players left on the team.

NEW YORK -- The New York Jets parted ways with offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger on Wednesday.

Last week, new coach Eric Mangini informed Heimerdinger the team would retain him to run the offense. Heimerdinger was upset with the decision because he was interviewed and passed over for the head coaching job, making for an awkward situation.

Plus, he came in under former coach Herman Edwards last year. When asked last week whether he was happy with the decision, Heimerdinger said, "I don't have a choice." It later became clear he was trying to get out of his contract, in which he had two years left at over $2 million.

What did I tell you.