[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

simple tax ?

frenzal rhomb

Thats sort of what I thought as the funds are technically unavailable to me at this time.  It seems like such a simple question yet I can't find a concrete answer.

1288602[/snapback]

Just a quick note: please verify the treatment of CDs with your investment/tax advisor. But you are a cash basis taxpayer. Income is not taxable to you until you receive it. If you were an accrual basis taxpayer (like a corporation) you'd be taxable on the income when it was earned, even if you hadn't received it yet. Therefore, without more info, I believe the interest that has been earned and accrued, but NOT yet paid, should not yet be taxable to you.

Edited by yo mama

Just a quick note: please verify the treatment of CDs with your investment/tax advisor.  But you are a cash basis taxpayer.  Income is not taxable to you until you receive it.  If you were an accrual basis taxpayer (like a corporation) you'd be taxable on the income when it was earned, even if you hadn't received it yet.  Therefore, without more info, I believe the interest that has been earned and accrued, but NOT yet paid, should not yet be taxable to you.

1288607[/snapback]

Always a good idea to check with your investment/tax advisor. I know a number of standard bank CD's, however, allow you access to accrued interest without penalty (they don't advertise it because, of course, they like the assets under management). You should get a 1099-INT by 1/31 from the bank, which should give you a pretty good clue. Good Luck.