[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What an insightful "leader"

borge007

:D Dubya says that the huge profits of Exxon are "simply the result of the marketplace". Consumers socked with soaring energy costs "should not expect price breaks". I must be missing something. How about some price controls. or profit taxes or something. What an insightful"leader". :D

:D Dubya says that the huge profits of Exxon are "simply the result of the marketplace". Consumers socked with soaring energy costs "should not expect price breaks". I must be missing something. How about some price controls. or profit taxes or something. What an insightful"leader". :D

1300393[/snapback]

Sorry, he's too busy giving the poor oil companies tax breaks.

'Mericans are addicted to oil. Yeah, and you're the freaking dealer Shrub. You don't think the sabre rattling he's engaging with Iran isn't going to drive up prices even more and enrich his oil industry buddies once again? Look for Dubya to dust off his Iraq "mushroom cloud" speeches and insert the word Iran for Iraq in the coming months.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

"President Bush began by calling for greater civility in politics. That's like Paris Hilton calling for chastity. Mr. Bush has allowed his allies to attack his opponents -- from John McCain to John Kerry -- with rare and raw savagery. His calls for civility are as phony as his posing as a rancher.

The President said troop levels will be determined by military commanders, not politicians. That would be a welcome shift from Mr. Bush's decision to overrule Gen. Eric Shinseki, the top general in the Army, who said occupying Iraq would take hundreds of thousands of troops. Gen. Shinseki was insulted and shipped out.

And does anyone believe the president who allowed Enron and Exxon to write his energy plan in secret is the man who can break America's addiction to oil? That's like asking the neighborhood crack dealer to run the local detox clinic.

The president faces a credibility crisis. In 2002, 71 percent of Americans said Mr. Bush was honest and trustworthy. Today, 53 percent say he is neither honest nor trustworthy -- because he's not.

P Begala

I was a little surprised by the addicted to oil comment.

I can just see Dubya calling all of the oil execs prior to the address:

"Don't worry fellas. I'll have my fingers crossed behind my back."