[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another Quick Computer Question

Savage Beatings

I think that I have lost my Windows System discs in the last move that my family made. I was going to use them last night and I tore apart the entire house looking for them without any luck.

Am I screwed? Do I basically just have to go out and buy a new set of Windows discs here? I can't really think of any alternatives. :D

I think that I have lost my Windows System discs in the last move that my family made.  I was going to use them last night and I tore apart the entire house looking for them without any luck.

Am I screwed?  Do I basically just have to go out and buy a new set of Windows discs here?  I can't really think of any alternatives.    :D

1315566[/snapback]

Most computer repair places will burn you what you want if you ask nicely. Particularly the ones that have the young techs that come out to the house....

I think that I have lost my Windows System discs in the last move that my family made.  I was going to use them last night and I tore apart the entire house looking for them without any luck.

Am I screwed?  Do I basically just have to go out and buy a new set of Windows discs here?  I can't really think of any alternatives.    :D

1315566[/snapback]

Look on the side of your machine... hopefully it has the OEM sticker. If it does you can usually get replacement disks (say they are broken) for around 10.00.

Look on the side of your machine... hopefully it has the OEM sticker. If it does you can usually get replacement disks (say they are broken) for around 10.00.

1315581[/snapback]

Or if a friend has a set, you can use his and just enter the # at the prompt.

The easiest way to do this without having your discs or a sticker is to use this piece of software which will give you the serial number for any Windows installation.

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

1315867[/snapback]

:D Cool!

The easiest way to do this without having your discs or a sticker is to use this piece of software which will give you the serial number for any Windows installation. Of course, it will also scan your computer and send all your private information, pron, and financial passwords to Nigeria. But that is pretty standard.

http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml

1315867[/snapback]

fixed :D