[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 QB's next year?

Randall

1 IND Manning, Peyton

2 CIN Palmer, Carson

3 PHI McNabb, Donovan

4 STL Bulger, Marc

5 ATL Vick, Michael

6 NYG Manning, Eli

7 NE Brady, Tom

8 SEA Hasselbeck, Matt

9 KC Green, Trent

10 DEN Plummer, Jake

I think Vick is too high. What do you think?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 IND Manning, Peyton

2 CIN Palmer, Carson

3 PHI McNabb, Donovan 

4 STL Bulger, Marc

5 ATL Vick, Michael

6 NYG Manning, Eli 

7 NE Brady, Tom

8 SEA Hasselbeck, Matt

9 KC Green, Trent

10 DEN Plummer, Jake

1321173[/snapback]

Other than #1 I do not think much of it at all. Palmer, NcNabb have injuries that will effect next year.Vick is too high. Brady and Eli are to low. Left out Brees (injury also) and Delhomme.

Perhaps a long shot, but if Warner stays in Arizona and has a healthy second year with Fitzgerald and Boldin, then I believe there is the potential for top ten numbers. The move of Kubiak to Houston may also help Carr as Plummer benefit from him in Denver. I'd also be very interested in whoever starts for Detroit with Martz . . . even Harrington . . . the OC can make or break a lot of QBs.

1 IND Manning, Peyton

2 CIN Palmer, Carson

3 PHI McNabb, Donovan 

4 STL Bulger, Marc

5 ATL Vick, Michael

6 NYG Manning, Eli 

7 NE Brady, Tom

8 SEA Hasselbeck, Matt

9 KC Green, Trent

10 DEN Plummer, Jake

1321173[/snapback]

Yeah- no way Vick is #5- Plummer at #10?? no way

It's DMD's 2006 keeper rankings. I just wondered what everyone thought. I think Vick is too high.

Plummer had a good year so I think he's OK there for fantasy. The playoffs are another matter though.

1321376[/snapback]

You didn't mention they were keeper ratings. then again, everyone on that list is around the same age anyway, give or take a few years, so i guess the ratings wouldn't change much.

Perhaps a long shot, but if Warner stays in Arizona and has a healthy second year with Fitzgerald and Boldin, then I believe there is the potential for top ten numbers.  The move of Kubiak to Houston may also help Carr as Plummer benefit from him in Denver.  I'd also be very interested in whoever starts for Detroit with Martz . . . even Harrington . . . the OC can make or break a lot of QBs.

1321298[/snapback]

I agree that the potential for Warner is there, but the guy gets hurt year after year(not to mention his O-line is not the best), if you get 10 games out of him you are doing good.

Otherwise I would agree about him being a top 10 QB.

1 IND Manning, Peyton

2 CIN Palmer, Carson

3 PHI McNabb, Donovan 

4 STL Bulger, Marc

5 ATL Vick, Michael

6 NYG Manning, Eli 

7 NE Brady, Tom

8 SEA Hasselbeck, Matt

9 KC Green, Trent

10 DEN Plummer, Jake

1321173[/snapback]

Pretty good list overall although Peyton Manning is the only QB on this list I would take over Eli. IMO Eli is heading down the same path as his brother as a great QB. and is youngest of this group I believe.

Pretty good list overall although Peyton Manning is the only QB on this list I would take over Eli. IMO Eli is heading down the same path as his brother as a great QB. and is youngest of this group I believe.

1321488[/snapback]

He may be even better eventually if he can get the same talent as Peyton has.

Interesting list, but in addition to the aformentioned Brees and Delhomme, how can Big Ben not be represented? I think, with the reitrement of Bettis and the in-flux Parker, these past playoffs were a glimpse of things to come in terms of Pitt's ability to open it up (and in Ben's favor, a Qb who could rush for 25-35 yards a game). It would not shock me whatsoever to see him in the 24-27 TD range, with a couple more on the ground. With his WRs, Miller at TE, and most-likely Parker out of the backfield, he won't be short of weapons.

If he can post the numbers I predict above, it should put him in the top 7.

Vick, Eli and Plummer are the 3 most likely to be absent from the Top 10 when the 2006 season ends, IMO. And Trent Green may finally be at the end of his Top 10 run without Vermeil (who took Green with him to KC from STL)...I think Herm leans even heavier on LJ.

1. Peyton (picking anyone else would kill the credibility of the rest of my picks)

2. Palmer (assuming the knee is in one piece)

3. Brady (an aging Dillon will force him to throw even more, and that is good)

4. Bulger (the defense still stinks, and he will still need to air it out)

5. McNabb (could be overrated here at #5, still without a #1 or #2 WR)

6. Roethlisberger (confidence in his 3rd year should be sky-high)

7. Hasselback (an every-season lock for 23-26 TDs)

8. Delhomme (with a consistent rushing attack, he could have a monster year)

9. Brees (depends on his health, but with LT and Gates, this offense will always be on the move)

10. Griese (sleeper #2...with Caddy healthy and a year better at providing blitz protection, and Griese having Gruden's full confidence after a great 2nd half of the season, they will open the playbook this year)

He may be even better eventually if he can get the same talent as Peyton has.

1321789[/snapback]

Not likely. Peyton plays in an offense built behind him. The Giants play in an offense built behind Tiki. Now this could change in the future, obviously.

But what won't change, unless either gets traded (er, unlikely), is where they play.

Eli will always be playing outdoor December games in New York, Philly, and Washington. Usually, more difficult to throw. Peyton gets domes, Tennessee and Houston in Decembers. Er, enuff siad.

I bet Peytons December stats will, over the course of their careers, be 35-45% better than Eli's, just on this item alone.

Interesting list, but in addition to the aformentioned Brees and Delhomme, how can Big Ben not be represented? I think, with the reitrement of Bettis and the in-flux Parker, these past playoffs were a glimpse of things to come in terms of Pitt's ability to open it up (and in Ben's favor, a Qb who could rush for 25-35 yards a game). It would not shock me whatsoever to see him in the  24-27 TD range, with a couple more on the ground.  With his WRs, Miller at TE, and most-likely Parker out of the backfield, he won't be short of weapons.

If he can post the numbers I predict above, it should put him in the top 7. 

Vick, Eli and Plummer are the 3 most likely to be absent from the Top 10 when the 2006 season ends, IMO. And Trent Green may finally be at the end of his Top 10 run without Vermeil (who took Green with him to KC from STL)...I think Herm leans even heavier on LJ.

1. Peyton (picking anyone else would kill the credibility of the rest of my picks)

2. Palmer (assuming the knee is in one piece)

3. Brady (an aging Dillon will force him to throw even more, and that is good)

4. Bulger (the defense still stinks, and he will still need to air it out)

5. McNabb (could be overrated here at #5, still without a #1 or #2 WR)

6. Roethlisberger (confidence in his 3rd year should be sky-high)

7. Hasselback (an every-season lock for 23-26 TDs)

8. Delhomme (with a consistent rushing attack, he could have a monster year)

9. Brees (depends on his health, but with LT and Gates, this offense will always be on the move)

10. Griese (sleeper #2...with Caddy healthy and a year better at providing blitz protection, and Griese having Gruden's full confidence after a great 2nd half of the season, they will open the playbook this year)

1322018[/snapback]

you're certainly in the minority taking ben over hass. and isn't Chris Simms projected to be the starter in Tampa or did i miss a memo or something.

Not likely. Peyton plays in an offense built behind him. The Giants play in an offense built behind Tiki. Now this could change in the future, obviously.

I bet Peytons December stats will, over the course of their careers, be 35-45% better than Eli's, just on this item alone.

1322035[/snapback]

Favre, Carson Palmer and Brady all play in cold climates and do quite well in December. In fact the top 5 passers last year played in the cold.I do believe

Ely won't have the weapns that Peyton had 2 years ago though.

But what won't change, unless either gets traded (er, unlikely), is where they play.

Eli will always be playing outdoor December games in New York, Philly, and Washington. Usually, more difficult to throw. Peyton gets domes, Tennessee and Houston in Decembers. Er, enuff siad.

1322035[/snapback]

Eli's offense is his. I mean Barber has been the better player but Tiki is winding his career down and Eli is just getting started. remember this is keeper league rankings we are talking about.

I semi agree about the dome deal but if you are a good QB your team is going to throw the ball no matter what the weather. as someone said, look at Favre for 1.

As far as the Big Ben thing goes, I am not his biggest fan, but he is young and playing behind a excellent offensive line. I think he is a top 10 QB in keeper leagues.

Eli's offense is his. I mean Barber has been the better player but Tiki is winding his career down and Eli is just getting started. remember this is keeper league rankings we are talking about.

I semi agree about the dome deal but if you are a good QB your team is going to throw the ball no matter what the weather. as someone said, look at Favre for 1.

As far as the Big Ben thing goes, I am not his biggest fan, but he is young and playing behind a excellent offensive line. I think he is a top 10 QB in keeper leagues.

1322927[/snapback]

Brain fart on the Griese/Simms mix-up.... :doah:

But as far as Favre is concerned, yes, he put up some solid numbers, but he had a couple things in his favor:

1. Got to throw to Freeman, Brooks and Sharpe, all of whom are better than anyone the Giants currently have.

2. Favre often got to play December away games in Detroit and Minnesota (both domes), and against a hapless Bears team from the 90's. Eli will play almost all his December games outdoors in the northeast, save for an odd game here and there against a non-division foe. Look at Eli's drop in production this year as the season wound down. Either he got worse, the defenses got better, or the swirling Giant Stadium winds were a factor in how they were able to move the ball....or a combo of all three.

3. Dorsey Levens/Ahman Green took much of the weight during those December home games in Green Bay, just as Tiki did this year in NY.

That being said, Favre a HOFamer, and kind of outside the realm of discussing how good Eli will be. If Eli can get even one of the three weapons Favre utilized thru his career, his numbers will be solid.

But to the original point, I doubt Eli will ever play in an offense as prolific as the Colts...in fact, we might not see the kind of points the Colts put up in quite a long time. Remember, this is an offense that set the single-season record for most TD passes. Peyton threw 20 less TDs this year, and was still top 3. I think he's a wuss, but darn, thats pretty amazing.

Brain fart on the Griese/Simms mix-up.... :doah:

But as far as Favre is concerned, yes, he put up some solid numbers, but he had a couple things in his favor:

1. Got to throw to Freeman, Brooks and Sharpe, all of whom are better than anyone the Giants currently have.

2. Favre often got to play December away games in Detroit and Minnesota (both domes), and against a hapless Bears team from the 90's. Eli will play almost all his December games outdoors in the northeast, save for an odd game here and there against a non-division foe. Look at Eli's drop in production this year as the season wound down. Either he got worse, the defenses got better, or the swirling Giant Stadium winds were a factor in how they were able to move the ball....or a combo of all three.

3. Dorsey Levens/Ahman Green took much of the weight during those December home games in Green Bay, just as Tiki did this year in NY.

That being said, Favre a HOFamer, and kind of outside the realm of discussing how good Eli will be. If Eli can get even one of the three weapons Favre utilized thru his career, his numbers will be solid.

But to the original point, I doubt Eli will ever play in an offense as prolific as the Colts...in fact, we might not see the kind of points the Colts put up in quite a long time. Remember, this is an offense that set the single-season record for most TD passes. Peyton threw 20 less TDs this year, and was still top 3. I think he's a wuss, but darn, thats pretty amazing.

1323132[/snapback]

Oh, I am not saying that he will throw for 49 TD's. I am just saying he is young, already good and going to get better.

You point to Farve having the weapons, Favre MADE weapon after weapon, 1 good WR would leave and he would make somneone else look good. Eli I think will be able to do the same.

Now you are right about trying to compare some youngster to Favre, but I think he(Eli) has already shown he is going to be a good 1 not to mention his brother is Peyton and his daddy is Archie.it runs in the family.

IMO the offensive line is the thing Eli has going against him the most.but as far as a keeper league goes I think you would be crazy to leave him off any top 5 list for QB's if you are starting a team today.