[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Trade Deadline

The Darkside

Guest Cherni
as an Islander fan i am disgusted :doah:  by another bone head move by milbury and another salary dump , by trading parrish and sopel to Kings for two lesser cheaper players .. :D

can not wait till Milbury goes  :D

1358636[/snapback]

Milbury is the worst thing to happen to the Isles in their history. A once proud franchise has just plummeted into the depths. I've been a fan for around 25 years and it's just sad. Oh well, we'll be better next year. Parrish is a tough loss, but Kvasha, Sopel, Luko, who cares? We need Ricky to play like he's capable of, and we need to say goodbye to Alexei. He's killing us.

As long as the Rangers collapse, I'll be ok...

:1940:

In addition to sending Roli to the Oilers, the Wild today sent Willie Mitchell to Dallas for Martin Skoula and Shawn Belle.

While Mitchell was consistent, he didnt provide anything they cant easily replace IMO. And Roloson was definitely struggling this year. Always looked like he was "fighting" the puck instead of playing relaxed. A new environment might be good for him. Kinda wish they had moved him out of the division, though. Anyway, they are bringing up Josh Harding(who has been playing very well in Houston I understand) to back up Manny Fernandez for the rest of this non-playoff year for the Wild. :D

I see a couple of my fellow SCSU alums are on the move as well. Tyler Arnason heading to Ottawa and(as others have mentioned) Mark Parrish heading out west to LA. Wouldnt have minded to see either or both of them here in Wild green.

Milbury is the worst thing to happen to the Isles in their history. A once proud franchise has just plummeted into the depths. I've been a fan for around 25 years and it's just sad. Oh well, we'll be better next year. Parrish is a tough loss, but Kvasha, Sopel, Luko, who cares? We need Ricky to play like he's capable of, and we need to say goodbye to Alexei. He's killing us.

As long as the Rangers collapse, I'll be ok...

:1940:

1360475[/snapback]

a man after my own heart :D ...Die hard Islander fan / ranger hater since 1977 ...i though we turned the corner after Wang took over and we had 3 straight playoff appearances ...now we go backwards again ..not fair to the fans at all

Edited by isleseeya

Guest Cherni
a man after my own heart  :D ...Die hard Islander fan / ranger hater since 1977 ...i though we turned the corner after Wang took over and we had 3 straight playoff appearances ...now we go backwards again ..not fair to the fans at all

1360723[/snapback]

You read my mind. I was born in '77 so I guess that counts :D Was at a few of the Stanley Cup finals games when I was very, very young. Hopefully I'll be back there again someday. Wang is more interested in turning a profit than holding the cup. Makeover Mike is the worst GM in professional sports IMO. At least we can take solace in the fact that the rangers (the rangers suck) have lost 3 straight and they're on the way down.

One of only 8 teams to make the PO's for the past 3 seasons, to this team. Makes me ill Isles, makes me ill.

Guest Cherni
Millbury has had more lives than 8 cats put together ...but he leaves us at end of season  :D  :D ...and i can only hope new GM is good , qualified and helps improve this team ...and Wang opens his wallet to help do so  :D

1360820[/snapback]

I have a great Milbury story for you. I went to see the Isles v Buffalo around 7-8 years ago. My father got the EAB luxury box for the night so myself, a friend of mine, my father and brother went to the game. Free food and all the Jack Daniels I could drink all night. I was wasted when I left. They lost 6-1 to Buff. that night, I'll never forget it.

Anyway if you've ever sat in the luxury boxes (my first and only time) you need to take the "executive" elevator down to the main concourse. I stumble into the elevator and start going off on the team how they suck so bad, the management sucks, they couldn't win a game to save their lives. I also said even though the ticket was free, along with the food and liquor, I still feel like I got ripped off. I made some comments about Milbury specifically, I can't remember what they were.

So we get off the elevator and my fathers face was pale white. He says to me, "You see that guy that just got out of our elevator? That was MIKE MILBURY!!!!!". I couldn't believe it. I just went off on his entire team, said a few choice comments about him and he was right behind me!!! It was hysterical. Obviously he didn't say anything back to me, which is a good thing. The guy is 6-1 around 220 now. It was a moment that I'll never forget and hopefully one day tell my kids about the day I stuck it to Milbury. Unbelievable.

On a side note, I saw Bobby Nystrom on the LIRR the other day. He was pimping in his $2K suit. Class act.

The move of the day was the essentially non-moves of the Buffalo Sabres. Other than trading their third goalie, the fastest (and perhaps most skilled and deepest) team in hockey kept it together. They may just come out of the East and into the Finals. If you haven't seen them, watch. They're a lot of fun, young and just now beginning to understand how good they are.

As we chant in the HSBC Arena: LET'S GO BUFFALO!!! :D