[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions use their money to get...

Swashbucklers

Exactly, every year the Lions spend money on WRs, and every year they end up starting Scotty Anderson, et. al. at some point during the season.

I don't have a problem with signing a vet WR, but who the hell is Cory Bradford? Are Roy, Chuck or Big Mike even going to listen to him, or are they basically going to say, "you're Cory Bradford, shut up." Plus, what does Bradford excel at? Running up the field as fast as he can, not exactly route running, one of the big three's biggest problems. Hopefully Bradford has an insane work ethic and it rubs off on the three bozos. At least Issac Bruce has actually done something in the league.

I think the biggest disappointment is that this is the Lions first free agent signing, with most of the top talent gone, and it's a fourth rate WR. Whoopee!

I guess if he was cheap it really can't hurt.

But the guy is pretty much a stiff. If I recall correctly, he couldn't even lock up the #2 gig for the Houston fliping Texans.

So I highly doubt that the far richer, immature Lions receivers are going to look at Bradford as some kind of mentor.

:D

I think the biggest disappointment is that this is the Lions first free agent signing, with most of the top talent gone, and it's a fourth rate WR. Whoopee!

1367912[/snapback]

:D

Charles Woodson, Julian Peterson, Lavar Arrington, Drew Brees, and Dumbte Cullpepper are still out there. All are trying to get phat, phat, contracts.

On the plus side, we did put a franchise tag on Jeff Backus meaning our best lineman will be back. Of course this also means he going to get paid the average of the top 5 guards in the country something -I'm sure- everybody around here would agree with Matt Millen that he very much deserves.