[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV

Timmypg

I ordered the baseball package for the first time this year.  I went to watch the Pirates on the MLB Extra Innings channle and they blacked it out.  However, I saw them on Fox Sports Pittsburgh.  Is this normal or should I call DirecTV?

1401430[/snapback]

Do you live in the Pittsburgh area?

I don't think so but I'm not sure.

1401484[/snapback]

Hmm, that's strange then.

The sports bar I was at had to tune to the MLB package to get the Dodgers/Braves game, which is in my market. The ESPN broadcast of this game was blacked out.

I'm hoping they didn't forget to turn my order on.

1401499[/snapback]

You can go to DirecTV.com to view your subscriptions. Or just call them. Terrific customer service. If you're unsure, just call 'em up ... they'll be glad to help.

For the MLB package they black out what they consider your home team if Pit is the closes MLB team in your area then that teams home games will be blacked out. they should have informed you of your home team. I live in New Orleans and all of the Rangers home games get blacked out for me. Even though Houston is closer, the Rangers are my home team.

I ordered the baseball package for the first time this year.  I went to watch the Pirates on the MLB Extra Innings channle and they blacked it out.  However, I saw them on Fox Sports Pittsburgh.  Is this normal or should I call DirecTV?

1401430[/snapback]

About 4 years ago, I bought the baseball package, only to have the same thing happen. The Pirate games were blacked out on the MLB Extra Innings Stations, and only showed up on Fox Sports Pittsburgh. I live about 4 hours from Pittsburgh, & closer to Philly. I called DirecTV, and they said it was normal, so I cancelled the package.

I got the Yankee game last night so I know I'm hooked up.  I'll have to call them today.  I know the Pirates stink but without their games I don't want the package.

1402723[/snapback]

A fellow Pirate fan........ :D

I took off work yesterday to go home, drink some beer, and watch the game. Perez pitched a great game, but, as always, the offense didn't do much, and the bullpen blew the lead. Being a Pirate fan is frustrating, but, I am hooked.

DirecTV told me they don't black out the games MLB does. They also told me I cant cancel now that the season started.

I'm not sure why they pulled Perez. He was on fire. Also, I already hate Joe Randa. All I wanted this year was a bat behind Jason Bay. Instead they walk Bay 3 times and Randa does nothing.

DirecTV told me they don't black out the games MLB does.  They also told me I cant cancel now that the season started.

I'm not sure why they pulled Perez.  He was on fire.  Also, I already hate Joe Randa.  All I wanted this year was a bat behind Jason Bay.  Instead they walk Bay 3 times and Randa does nothing.

1402921[/snapback]

I would threaten to cancel and go to cable if they don't let you out of the Baseball deal. Tell them you only wanted it for the Pirates, and you aren't able to get their games.

I think he was being safe with Perez. He was up to 95 pitches and this is his first start. That and the fact that Carlos Lee was up, and he wanted to go with a righty. As for Randa, I'm going to be patient. He is a decent hitter, and will probably be just that, decent all season. Burnitz will bat behind Bay against righties, and he will be a HR threat against Righties, which should help Bay see some pitches.

If tonights game is blacked out I will call back tomorrow and hopefully get my money back.

Perez looking good does give me hope for this year. If Perez, Duke, Maholm, & Wells (when he comes back) can have good years I think 80 wins is possible.

• 2 weeks later...

There should be a list of zip codes (probably on DirecTV's web site) for which each team's games are blacked out. Even if you live several hours from that team's city, it's very possible that you'll never be able to see those games.

Interestingly, I can't see games broadcasted on WGN through MLB Extra Innings, despite the fact that my cable provider doesn't even offer WGN.