[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN reports McNair/BAL is done

DMD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'd like to keep him but for $10-12million? I doubt it.

1458197[/snapback]

Agreed Randall.

Especially since the Titans are asking him to renegotiate his contract DOWN from the existing $9,000,000 that he is currently owed by them and make the extension/new contract langauge very cut friendly for them. IE a play 1(one) year and then release/cut type contract.

Play Volek until Vince is ready and then Billy becomes te backup again.

1458197[/snapback]

Yep.

Titans | Reese not expecting to hear from McNair or Cook

Tue, 9 May 2006 23:22:40 -0700

Terry McCormick, of the Nashville City Paper, reports Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese said he would be surprised if he heard from QB Steve McNair or his agent, Bus Cook, before the grievance hearing next week. Reese seems content with slow playing the issue and see how it plays out. If the team wins the grievance, they could technically hold on to McNair until late August, but would need some money to sign their draft class by mid-July.

i know it's remote, but is there any chance the titans and mcnair are conspiring here to f*ck with the ravens? like they've agreed to the terms of a deal and are just drawing it out long enough to make the ravens miss out on collins and any other serviceable vet QB on the market? i highly doubt that's what's going on, but is it a possibility?

i know it's remote, but is there any chance the titans and mcnair are conspiring here to f*ck with the ravens?  like they've agreed to the terms of a deal and are just drawing it out long enough to make the ravens miss out on collins and any other serviceable vet QB on the market?  i highly doubt that's what's going on, but is it a possibility?

1460667[/snapback]

:D Why in the world would they do that? I don't think the Titans and McNair agree about much of anything right now, much less conspire together against someone else. And hasn't the Players' Union filed a grievance against Tenn b/c of the whole mess over Tenn not wanting McNair to work out at team facilities... a grievance I imagine the Titans are bound to lose? If they had come to terms, I think the team would shout it from the rooftops.