[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Pre-Season Edition

Hugh 0ne

What's up newbies, vets, momos and morans? I'm back for another season of spreading my wisdom (or lack thereof) to all my fellow huddlers. I'm doing something new this year, as I've never done a pre-season edition, but figured I'd give it a whirl. I have the time. :D

So, fire away. :D

What's up newbies, vets, momos and morans? I'm back for another season of spreading my wisdom (or lack thereof) to all my fellow huddlers. I'm doing something new this year, as I've never done a pre-season edition, but figured I'd give it a whirl. I have the time. :D

So, fire away. :D

Fire away....target aquired :D

who would you rank at the 15th spot for RB's...

How about I just give you my top 15?

LT

SA

LJ

Edge

Portis

SJax

R. Johnson

Carnell

R. Brown

L. Jordan

W. McGahee

D. Davis

Tiki

C. Taylor

J. Jones

I think that's 15.

Which 2 TE's to keep:

Ben Watson

Randy McMichael

LJ Smith

Also

Jovan Walker

Or

Donte Stallworth

LJ for sure, then a toss up between Watson and McMichael, I'd lean towards McMichael in a keeper, as Cpep can make a TE produce nice numbers, as Wiggins did for MN.

Stallworth.

Well, no one asked you. :D

touche, Hugh.....just throwing 2 cents in, thats all....

on different note, looking at your top 15.....know Backs are the cornerstone of fantasy football, but no T Owens...CJ..or Steve Smith before Julius jones...domanick davis? Not sold on Julius staying healthy and producing all year, especially after how Barber played last year..

touche, Hugh.....just throwing 2 cents in, thats all....

on different note, looking at your top 15.....know Backs are the cornerstone of fantasy football, but no T Owens...CJ..or Steve Smith before Julius jones...domanick davis? Not sold on Julius staying healthy and producing all year, especially after how Barber played last year..

Was just messing with you. Opposing views are always welcome, just not in my thread. :D

I listed my top 15 RB's not top 15 overall, as per Avernus' request.

Hugh, why Carnell over R.Brown in your RB rankings?

I just like Caddy more. They're both coming back off decent rookie campaigns, and both had favorable off season occurences (Caddy gets Sowell to lead block, Brown gets Pothead#1 to get suspended).

I just liked what I saw out of Caddy more last year, and with Sowell blocking, I expect more good things from Caddy. I think he'll slightly out perform Brown. We'll see if Brown can carry the load as the feature back, something Caddy has proven, and Brown hasn't. Also, the QB situation in Miami may be dismal before CPep comes back, which could hurt the MIA RB's numbers.

I just like Caddy more. They're both coming back off decent rookie campaigns, and both had favorable off season occurences (Caddy gets Sowell to lead block, Brown gets Pothead#1 to get suspended).

I just liked what I saw out of Caddy more last year, and with Sowell blocking, I expect more good things from Caddy. I think he'll slightly out perform Brown. We'll see if Brown can carry the load as the feature back, something Caddy has proven, and Brown hasn't. Also, the QB situation in Miami may be dismal before CPep comes back, which could hurt the MIA RB's numbers.

Hugh,

Don't you think that the addition of the carries to Ronnie that went to Tokey Williams will push hime up th list? I am sure that you have thought of this but if you look at Tokey's numbers from last year and give 50-75% of those numbers to Ronnie you get a solid 2nd teir RB.

Hugh,

Don't you think that the addition of the carries to Ronnie that went to Tokey Williams will push hime up th list? I am sure that you have thought of this but if you look at Tokey's numbers from last year and give 50-75% of those numbers to Ronnie you get a solid 2nd teir RB.

Yes, and I mentioned that in my first post as well. Ronnie gets the carries, Carnell gets Sowell. Carnell proved he can be a feature back last year, Ronnie hasn't yet. Advantage Carnell. The QB situation in MIA may be a problem for a good part of the season. Advantage Carnell.

I like them both, but imo, Carnell will out produce Ronnie. You don't have to believe me, but based on some facts, some hunches, some predictions, and some gut instinct, I like Carnell over Brown.

How about I just give you my top 15?

LT

SA

LJ

Edge

Portis

SJax

R. Johnson

Carnell

R. Brown

L. Jordan

W. McGahee

D. Davis

Tiki

C. Taylor

J. Jones

I think that's 15.

boo@DD, JJ and McGahee over Westbrook.... :D BOOOOO

:D

boo@DD, JJ and McGahee over Westbrook.... :D BOOOOO

:D

It's just one man's opinion, no need to get cranky. If it's any consolation, I have Westbrook at 16. Sorry, but no WR's is going to hurt him this year. You'll see 2003 like numbers without the TD's: 1000-1200 yards, 6-8 TD's.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

Hugh, I need some advice here.....

we are in 10-team, standard scoring league (no pts for receptions)....this is our FIRST year keeping 2 players. Caveat is if you keep two RB's as franchise, can't grab one in first round.

I get the bad draw of picking ninth in first round. Options are:

Steve Smith

Edge

Caddy

Brown

Keep Smith and back, try to get decent back with ninth pick (may be slim pickings, as guys will franchise backs, and select them first 8 picks);

Keep Caddy and Brown (go youth movement; no limitations as to how long u can franchise player); grab decent receiver ninth.....

Keep Edge and Caddy/Brown, hope that Edge continues to perfrom in AZ....

thoughts??

thanks, man

It's just one man's opinion, no need to get cranky. If it's any consolation, I have Westbrook at 16. Sorry, but no WR's is going to hurt him this year. You'll see 2003 like numbers without the TD's: 1000-1200 yards, 6-8 TD's.

not cranky....just busting balls? :D

:D:D

Hugh, I need some advice here.....

we are in 10-team, standard scoring league (no pts for receptions)....this is our FIRST year keeping 2 players. Caveat is if you keep two RB's as franchise, can't grab one in first round.

I get the bad draw of picking ninth in first round. Options are:

Steve Smith

Edge

Caddy

Brown

Keep Smith and back, try to get decent back with ninth pick (may be slim pickings, as guys will franchise backs, and select them first 8 picks);

Keep Caddy and Brown (go youth movement; no limitations as to how long u can franchise player); grab decent receiver ninth.....

Keep Edge and Caddy/Brown, hope that Edge continues to perfrom in AZ....

thoughts??

thanks, man

Keep Brown and Caddy. No way do you keep Steve Smith over Edge, Caddy or Brown. Ever. You'll have 2 top 10 RB's as keepers, and young ones at that. I like Egde over Caddy and Brown this year, but long term, no way.