[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone watch K1 on Espn?

CarryTheRock

There is this Sapp guy on there that is 372 pounds and the biggest scariest guy I think I could come across in an alley. I'm not too familiar with it, I tihnk it is kick boxing. The guy was so winded and hurt but ended up getting the win after wailing (slowly) on the guy in a corner.

There is this Sapp guy on there that is 372 pounds and the biggest scariest guy I think I could come across in an alley. I'm not too familiar with it, I tihnk it is kick boxing. The guy was so winded and hurt but ended up getting the win after wailing (slowly) on the guy in a corner.

that's the way all his fights go....the ones i've seen those little Japs look like they're trying to cut down a California redwood.....he always ended upwinded and bloody but managed to land a BIG ONE... :D .. :D

that's the way all his fights go....the ones i've seen those little Japs look like they're trying to cut down a California redwood.....he always ended upwinded and bloody but managed to land a BIG ONE... :D .. :D

Bob Sapp played for Offensive Lineman for U of Washington and then was drafted by the Bears in 97 but I don't think he ever played....or very little, if he did. I don't think he is related to Warren at all.

He's been able to win quite a few fights just by completely overpowering them. Ernesto Hoost did discover that when you take the big man's legs out, he moves even slower and got the win in their 2nd fight.

Edited by Seattle LawDawg

Bob Sapp played for Offensive Lineman for U of Washington and then was drafted by the Bears in 97 but I don't think he ever played....or very little, if he did. I don't think he is related to Warren at all.

He's been able to win quite a few fights just by completely overpowering them. Ernesto Hoost did discover that when you take the big man's legs out, he moves even slower and got the win in their 2nd fight.

Bio

Bob Sapp fact file

Name: Bob Sapp

Nickname: The Beast

Born: Sept. 22, 1974, Colorado, USA

Measurements: Height: 200 cm.; Weight: 160 kg.; Bench press: 300 kg.

Personal: Brother Warren Sapp is a successful NFL player for Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Football career: Drafted by the Chicago Bears from the University of Washington in 1997 as an offense lineman. He failed to make the team and was signed by the Minnesota Vikings the same year. After just three appearances, he was cut from that team. He spent another two years trying to find a team and struggling with injury before calling an end to his football career, three years after it started.

Finest football moment: In the "Whammy in Miami" in 1994, Sapp

fell on his quarterback's fumble to score the winning touchdown and

end the University of Miami's legendary 58-game, home field winning

streak.

Fight career: In 2000, Sapp turned his hand to American pro wrestling, taking the stage name of “The Beast” and working the fight circuit of World Championship Wrestling (WCW) without ever climbing high in the rankings. He also took on ex-Chicago Bear William “Fridge” Perry in a three-round celebrity boxing bout, winning by a knock-out in the second round.

With the WCW in financial difficulties, Sapp’s career was heading for a dead-end, when he was discovered by Master Kazuyoshi Ishii. Ishii was launching a new fighting sport called K-1, and he saw in Sapp the perfect combination of fearsome fighter and showbiz marketability.

Sapp made his K-1 debut on Apr. 28, 2002, against Norihisa Yamamoto, winning on a first-round technical knockout. It was watched by 10 million viewers. As he became a household name, he branched out into other forms of mixed-discipline fighting such as MMA (Mixed Martial Arts).

Fight record since K-1 debut: K-1: 6 Fights, 4 Wins, 2 Losses, 3 KOs; MMA: 5 Fights, 4 Wins, 1 Loss; Wrestling: 3 Fights, 2 Wins, 1 Loss.

High point: In a two-month spell in winter 2002, Sapp twice comprehensively beat the reigning champion in his league, Ernesto Hoost.

TV appearances: Is a regular on TV and has made more than 200 television appearances on talk shows, variety programs and even dramas. Has also starred in countless TV commercials promoting everything from instant noodles to flat screen TVs and reportedly makes up to $500,000 a time.

Music: After seeing him rapping and dancing on a TV show, a record company encouraged him to record his own album. Sapp Time was released on Mar. 5 and debuted at No. 28 in Japan’s Oricon charts. An accompanying DVD came out on May 21.

Other roles: Japan Spokesman for NFL; Ambassador for Northwest Airlines Seattle-to-Tokyo route.

Edited by Duchess Jack

High point: In a two-month spell in winter 2002, Sapp twice comprehensively beat the reigning champion in his league, Ernesto Hoost.

I don't think this is correct either. He definitely beat Hoost the first fight. Then either there were three fights and I missed the 2nd or Hoost won the latter fight but injured himself in the victory and Sapp advanced in the tournament in Hoost's place.

Sapp is a scary looking dude but there are other people in MMA who are far more badassed.

True. He wouldn't stand a chance in a UFC fight today. Let's see...him against Tim Sylvia :D