[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2 firsts for Droughns

Our dynasty rookie draft is this coming Saturday. The new guy in the league (other owner quit b/c he ruined the team) has been vigorously trying to improve his team. He's made some moves, but he's been hounding me about Droughns for weeks.

He was offering the 1.08 for him, which IMO isn't nearly enough. He recently added his 2nd rounder for next year. I'm thinking I really need Droughns in case Edge or Lac goes down (I have a good shot at the title). But if he ups the offer to the 1.08 (Young?) and his first next year (a top 3 pick for sure and probably the #1 overall - Peterson/Quinn), do I pull the trigger and part with my RB3 with little behind him?

PS I have the 1.02 this year and will grab Maroney. He is in my division.

My team:

12 Team Dynasty (QB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, K, D)

QB-Brooks, Grossman, Harrington, Volek, Walter

RB-James, C. Williams, Droughns, Duckett, Rhodes, Davenport

WR-RMoss, D.Jackson, Roy Williams, Bennett, Jurevicius, Gabriel, MJones, Bradley

TE-LJSmith

K-Rackers

D-Pitt, Indy

His team:

QB - Brunell, Favre, Losman, Ramsey, Wright

RB - Alstott, Davis, Hicks, Kyle Johnson, McAllister, Turner, Moe Williams

WR - Finneran, Givens, Horn, Northcutt, Porter

TE - Gonzalez, Miller

K - Feely, Vanderjagt

Def - Phi, NE

i would. you have davenport and rhodes who both have a good shot of getting enough touches to be a fill-in type of player. if you are drafting maroney, that will be another that will have a good shot of producing this year. for 2 1st round picks, i'd do it.

yes if for 2 1st round picks. Unless you get very lucky you are not going to win it this season. That makes you much better next season without hurting you much this season.

What makes you say that? I finished 4th last year with Moss, DJax, Caddy, Roy all hurt and Brooks benched....

Maybe I'm not putting enough value on the No. 1 picks, but I really like Droughns. Crennell is a defensive coach which means a power running game will always be his No. 1 priority on offense. I think the moves he's made to improve the Browns' o-line and his recommittment to Droughns are proof of this.

Most of the other skill players on the offense are very young and coming back from injuries, but they've all shown some real promise and should only get better.

Edge has a lot of milage and will proably take a pretty good beating in Arizona behind that o-line. Caddy had a great rookie season, but then so did Micheal Clayton. You could really use some insurance behind those two guys, and a couple of guys like Rhodes and Davenport, who have had plenty of injuries of their own and are probably just keeping their starting positions warm for Addai and Gado aren't going to fill the bill.

Personally, I think you're better off with Droughns if you anticipate spending those two first round draft picks on a couple of unproven rookies.

Edited by tomfin2000

Maybe I'm not putting enough value on the No. 1 picks, but I really like Droughns. Crennell is a defensive coach which means a power running game will always be his No. 1 priority on offense. I think the moves he's made to improve the Browns' o-line and his recommittment to Droughns are proof of this.

Most of the other skill players on the offense are very young and coming back from injuries, but they've all shown some real promise and should only get better.

Edge has a lot of milage and will proably take a pretty good beating in Arizona behind that o-line. Caddy had a great rookie season, but then so did Micheal Clayton. You could really use some insurance behind those two guys, and a couple of guys like Rhodes and Davenport, who have had plenty of injuries of their own and are probably just keeping their starting positions warm for Addai and Gado aren't going to fill the bill.

Personally, I think you're better off with Droughns if you anticipate spending those two first round draft picks on a couple of unproven rookies.

pretty much what I was going to say....

I would just sit tight....

also...you'd be MUCH better off drafting DeAngelo 2nd instead of Maroney....

but that's just me..

pretty much what I was going to say....

I would just sit tight....

also...you'd be MUCH better off drafting DeAngelo 2nd instead of Maroney....

but that's just me..

DeAngelo and Maroney is debateable who is no. 2. But I am will to go wih Williams! But wouldnt laugh at Maroney going 2.

DeAngelo and Maroney is debateable who is no. 2. But I am will to go wih Williams! But wouldnt laugh at Maroney going 2.

me either....both are debatable because I think Maroney is #3 behind DeAngelo...

I just think DeAngelo is on a better running team than Maroney...

me either....both are debatable because I think Maroney is #3 behind DeAngelo...

I just think DeAngelo is on a better running team than Maroney...

True. The only thing I dont like on DeAngelo is that he got to compete with Deshun Foster, Nick Goings and Eric Shelton via carries and goal line carries. But that could change by midseason with injures.

True. The only thing I dont like on DeAngelo is that he got to compete with Deshun Foster, Nick Goings and Eric Shelton via carries and goal line carries. But that could change by midseason with injures.

exactly...Foster has a terrible track record when it comes to durability....

Shelton can do spot duty and Goings is best as a backup....he can come in and make some plays but can't make plays consistently....even though he's been quite impressive...

exactly...Foster has a terrible track record when it comes to durability....

Shelton can do spot duty and Goings is best as a backup....he can come in and make some plays but can't make plays consistently....even though he's been quite impressive...

I've liked Maroney for a while. Watched him at Minn the last few years. He's the reason I traded up to the 2 spot. Shanahan and Belichek both had Maroney rated as the BEST RB in the draft. I trust them both when evaluating talent, as well as my own observations. He's 2+ years younger than Williams, without the mileage and injury history. For these reasons I like Maroney at 2.

Off the Hijack, I really would like to secure Young as well. I may look for another way to get him as some good points have been made...