[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Katrina re-visited?

Randall

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great video to refresh your memory of what has been forgotten by the Nation...or so it seems.

City of ruins

No telling how many :D are displaced.

I know it is taboo to quote yerself...but I want to appologize if this post came across as offensive. I know many of you are a part of the Band Of Huddlers and I meant no disrespect. It was e-mailed to me yesterday and I thought of the irony of this topic.

Perch...I know you love America. I understand your point but you must understand the economic impact a crippled New Orleans brings to America. It would be in America's intrest to rebuild it...

My problem is the abuse and inefficient Gubbamint we possess. That isn't the only reason why New Orleans is struggling. The people you see on T.V. complaining don't even make up a fraction of a fraction of what New Orleans is about. It is also struggling because the people that "really" make up New Orleans need help cleaning up. The trash is still piled up all the way from New Orleans East to St. Bernard. It looks like a nuclear bomb detonated above Chalmette.

Is living in New Orleans silly? Maybe to you but not to boat captains, offshore crews, shrimp and oyster fishermen, pipeline companies, refineries, and on and on. Someone must operate the mouth of the Mississippi River...do you agree?

Edited by SuperBalla

I know it is taboo to quote yerself...but I want to appologize if this post came across as offensive. I know many of you are a part of the Band Of Huddlers and I meant no disrespect. It was e-mailed to me yesterday and I thought of the irony of this topic.

Perch...I know you love America. I understand your point but you must understand the economic impact a crippled New Orleans brings to America. It would be in America's intrest to rebuild it...

Is living in New Orleans silly? Maybe to you but not to boat captains, offshore crews, shrimp and oyster fishermen, pipeline companies, refineries, and on and on. Someone must operate the mouth of the Mississippi River...do you agree?

I agree to a point, however, there is a refinerey not 10 miles from my house, and the nearest port is 4 1/2 hours away in Houston. The same can be said for pipe line companies. Aren't most of the off shore crews flown out to the platforms on helicopters now? I understand that the Port needs to stay open, but that doesn't mean that all of N.O. needs to be or should be rebuilt. People could commute from nearby areas. I know that in our area, there is a large number of peopole that commute 2hours or more each way to and from Dallas, and I now that there are other cities nearby that are not below sea level that could handle the expansion would be required if those that worked at the ports were to commute. So I agree that we should keep the port open, but I disagree that we should rebuild any part of the city that is below sea level.

I agree to a point, however, there is a refinerey not 10 miles from my house, and the nearest port is 4 1/2 hours away in Houston. The same can be said for pipe line companies. Aren't most of the off shore crews flown out to the platforms on helicopters now? I understand that the Port needs to stay open, but that doesn't mean that all of N.O. needs to be or should be rebuilt. People could commute from nearby areas. I know that in our area, there is a large number of peopole that commute 2hours or more each way to and from Dallas, and I now that there are other cities nearby that are not below sea level that could handle the expansion would be required if those that worked at the ports were to commute. So I agree that we should keep the port open, but I disagree that we should rebuild any part of the city that is below sea level.

So would you be in favor of tax payer's dollars used to build this expansion to the other area? Baton Rouge up I-10 would be the best move.

So would you be in favor of tax payer's dollars used to build this expansion to the other area? Baton Rouge up I-10 would be the best move.

Perch probably doesn't know this, but the federal government was largely responsible for the creation/maintenance of the Intercoastal Waterway along the eastern seaboard that really helped America's economic boon during the late 1880's and first part of the 20th century.

So your suggestion, Balla, isn't one that hasn't been done in the past as far as trying to help the country with a better standing economically.

I would not be opposed to the governemnt providing the additional infrastructure that it would require. While I'm philosophically opposed to paying for peoples poor judgement, If we are going to be providing for additional items, I'd rather provide them in a safer location than NO.

Perch probably doesn't know this, but the federal government was largely responsible for the creation/maintenance of the Intercoastal Waterway along the eastern seaboard that really helped America's economic boon during the late 1880's and first part of the 20th century.

So your suggestion, Balla, isn't one that hasn't been done in the past as far as trying to help the country with a better standing economically.

Actually I was aware of that, as well as the governemnt spending 6 times as much money on Northern ports, forts, and light houses than it did for the South whose tarrifs were the primary source of federal income prior to the war of Northern Aggression.

This is a great video to refresh your memory of what has been forgotten by the Nation...or so it seems.

City of ruins

No telling how many :D are displaced.

I hadnt yet taken the time to watch that one. Balla that is awesome. Thank You for keeping the faith. Even I lose focus at times on what we are trying to achieve here and many times it has been posts from you that remind me why I love this city so much!