[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Katrina re-visited?

Randall

I can't believe Israel bombs Lebanon without informing us first, yet we are finally forming a plan for evacuation? The Brits are executing their plan. What are we doing?

George Bush "I was ready for another Katrina, but this isn't a hurricane" :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news...no demonKraps are involved...should be a successful mission.

Do you know of a plan or is it demonizing deomocrats again?

On Meet the Press today Biden and Gingrich actualy discussed these things and had something to say. Gingrich stood up for Biden when talking about N Korea. Name calling doesn't work.

I can't believe Israel bombs Lebanon without informing us first, yet we are finally forming a plan for evacuation? The Brits are executing their plan. What are we doing?

George Bush "I was ready for another Katrina, but this isn't a hurricane" :D

from what ive read and heard....we usually charter airlines to get people out, but the airport is non-functional. the next thing is a 'air-bridge' using choppers from cyprus. with that they are afraid of getting shot at due to mistaken identity.

Edited by dmarc117

get rid of both Democrats and Republicans this election.

You need to cut that shat out--you want noone running the country? Quit yer cutesy ambivalent easy cop out equivocation. There are two parties and one is going to run our government until we get public financing.

I know yer gonna vote for O Malley here in MD, so yer not going to be voting both out. Someone will end up making the decisions, you may as well have a hand in choosing who.

Good news...no demonKraps are involved...should be a successful mission.

Yer a returd who is doing a heckuva job. And I called for a draft over a year ago. Glad to see you finally start to take war seriously, pansy dove.

You need to cut that shat out--you want noone running the country? Quit yer cutesy ambivalent easy cop out equivocation. There are two parties and one is going to run our government until we get public financing.

I know yer gonna vote for O Malley here in MD, so yer not going to be voting both out. Someone will end up making the decisions, you may as well have a hand in choosing who.

The indys my friend. The indys.

Not to hijack but do people think the US government has an obligation to evacuate US citizens who are there on their own free will (like say people visiting relatives, college students studying abroad, etc.)?

I have no idea if the State Department had Lebanon on the "do not go" list although it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the ch!t could have hit the fan there at any moment.

Not to hijack but do people think the US government has an obligation to evacuate US citizens who are there on their own free will (like say people visiting relatives, college students studying abroad, etc.)?

I have no idea if the State Department had Lebanon on the "do not go" list although it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the ch!t could have hit the fan there at any moment.

You should probably re-think your position since I agree with you.

I don't know, in an earlier post someone implied that it was. If it is not, then I'd say that the US should get them out.

I said that I don't know if it was one the "do not go" list but it didn't take a genius to decide that it's a bad idea to go there, even before the hot war. Yeah, the Bushies were talking about how great the democratic spirit was there but it was also clear that the freedom was creating a lot of chaos.

I do not think the American gummint is responsible for evacuating Americans who were there for frivolous reasons, regardless of the "do not go" status. For those who were there on gummint bidness (e.g. State Department), we need to pull them out. Junior year abroad college students...YOYO.

I don't know, in an earlier post someone implied that it was. If it is not, then I'd say that the US should get them out.

I don't know either. I would have thought it would be on a Caution list or something, but it wasn't exactly Iraq - more like Egypt, maybe.

I said that I don't know if it was one the "do not go" list but it didn't take a genius to decide that it's a bad idea to go there, even before the hot war. Yeah, the Bushies were talking about how great the democratic spirit was there but it was also clear that the freedom was creating a lot of chaos.

I do not think the American gummint is responsible for evacuating Americans who were there for frivolous reasons, regardless of the "do not go" status. For those who were there on gummint bidness (e.g. State Department), we need to pull them out. Junior year abroad college students...YOYO.

Wrong. People in a Do Not Go country should be on their own, otherwise it is the right and duty of our government to evacuate our nationals in case of an emergency. What exactly are "frivolous reasons"?