[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Preparation...

I do about the same thing on excel spreadsheets. I also goto mockdraftcentral.com and practice picking in the draft spot I have.(only good if picked way before the draft) I then add besides the players name what round/pick they "usually" go in the 8-9 mock drafts I participate in. It really helps when you know that so and so should be around round 7 and you don't "reach for them" in round 5. It helps me out, basically just an "avg draft position" catered to your particular league (teams/rounds of the draft,etc)

I know this sounds silly .... but I have been using the Madden games as a gauge for my drafts. I pick up the latest version (assumming it is out) and make the nessessary player changes. After that, I simulate 5-10 seasons and record the stats. You would not believe how accurate this method ends up (been burned a time or two and you can never predict injuries). I also compare the info with a cheat sheet from an internet site. This will be my first year using the Huddle for that. Just a thought.

I think the depth charts at www.ourlads.com are useful, especially if you are in a big league like mine and you need to draft someone who might be, say, the 3rd WR on his NFL team. Also I think ourlads is not very well known so this might give you a little edge over your opponents.

A lot of guys mentioned Excel sheets, I got the one from www.draftwiz.com, good prep based on last year's stats, flexible for my league's scoring system, I just wish it was free.

As for magazines, AquaticRay is right, they can be terribly outdated. I do buy a copy of Pro Football Weekly every year though, around the last week of August. They print all the usual fantasy stuff, and it is pretty fresh news, they won't be telling you to draft someone who is injured or retired like a lot of magazines.

Ted