[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advise on Auction Keeper Rules

Def.

Hey all, I'm changing one of the leagues I run from just an auction to keeper auction league. I'm trying to pound out how to do the rates on the keepers and have been having some difficulty. Most leagues I see use a flat rate like 10%. Honestly that scares me because you could have some like LJ for the next 5 years at a well below market price. Now I understand those that take the chance should be rewarded, but I still need to find a way to mark it up some and keep it fair.

I was thinking about doing a $4 min increase or 10% of last years value, whichever is higher. But I'm still seeing alot of wholes in the line of thought and was curious what yall think.

It'll be 10 team, $200 cap 16 person roster consisting of Players/(starters): 2QB (1) 4RB (2) 4WR (2) 2TE (1) 2K (1) 2DT (1). Performance league with bonuses and 1 pt. per reception.

I had searched through the forums and found some things I like and dislike ex: liked 20% for top 5, 15% top 10, 10% rest based on position rank. However I don't think they will solve my worries of a $1 stud being on someones team for years due to a highly inexpensive cost.

Any thoughts are appreciated and thanks in advance. :D

My dynasty/salary cap/auction league has a recalculation formula.

Factors considered are:

Last year's salary

Last year's performance

An aribitrary recalculation factor

Formula multiples last year's performance by the recalculation factor and averages that with last year's salary.

My dynasty/salary cap/auction league has a recalculation formula.

Factors considered are:

Last year's salary

Last year's performance

An aribitrary recalculation factor

Formula multiples last year's performance by the recalculation factor and averages that with last year's salary.

I'm not understanding everything, could you provide an example by chance? Thanks!

:D We have a fairly complicated formula.

Component 1 is simply the straight recalculated salary, or the player's previous year's FF points multiplied by his recalculation factor (based on his previous year's rankging). This is the salary for all RFAs.

Component 2 is the adjusted recalculated formula which weights the components of the formula: Adjusted recalculated salary formula = ((MIN (2005 salary) or (2006 recalc salary))* (2/3)) + ((MAX (2005 salary) or (2006 recalc salary)) * (1/3))

Alternate component 2 is the simple average of the recalculated salary and the previous year's salary.

Carson Palmer:

2005 Salary: $15

2005 FF Pts: 367.80

2006 Recalculation factor (based on 2005 rank): .30

2006 Straight recalculated salary: (367.80 * .30) = $110.34

2006 Adjusted salary = (15 * (2/3)) + (110.34* (1/3)) = $46.78

2006 (Alternate) Adjusted salary = (110.34 + 15)/2 = $62.67

We don't use the alternate formula but it was the first iteration of our recalculation formula.

Peyton Manning:

2005 Salary: $130

2005 FF pts: 337.45

2006 Recalculation factor (based on 2005 rank): .285

2006 Straight recalculated salary: (337.45 * .285) = $96.18

2006 Adjusted Salary: ((96.18 * (2/3)) + ((130 * (1/3)) = $107.45

2006 (Alternate) Adjusted Salary = (96.18 + 130)/2 = $113.09

As you can see it is a fairly complicated process. We started with the adjusted formula when we had one recalculation factor (.05) for all players. Then we moved to a recalculation factor that is based on a player's performance; the better the player performed the higher his recalculation factor. When we made the recalculation factor variable we changed to weighting the components of the recalation formula.

Once we are past the number of starters at each position the recalculation factors become constant; i.e. QB 11+ has a recalc factor of .05, RB 21+ has a recalc factor of .05, WR 31+ has a recalc factor of .05.

Probably way more than you wanted ...

Let me keep it simple for you..here's our league

Auction Keeper 250.00 cap

Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, DEF 2DL, 2LB, 2DB

Every player receives a 30% markup from previous year(always round up) , except 1 franchise player

Contracts roll each year A B C players so max you can hang on is three years

Each team can keep up to 85.00 woth of players submitted prior to the draft.

Example of markup...

2005 Salary for W.Dunn 27.00 A Contract

2006 Salary for W.Dunn 36.00 B Contract

Math

27.00 * 30% = 8.1= 9 27=9=36

If someone takes a run at L.Johnson like my league 2 years ago for 1.00 good for them