[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Picks 10&11

Ok, this sounds like a easy choice to make. I pick 10&11 in my draft and then dont get to pick again untill 30. Do I go RB, RB, and still have hope for a quality WR later or do I pick Rb,WR knowing I will get a top WR and maybe a sleeper RB in the third. All along I have stayed at RB,RB But I have been giving it a change of though as of late. Any advice???

Edited by footballjay

Guest MustOfBeenDrunk

my advice is to always take the best players available with your 1st & 2nd pick no matter the possition then biuld the rest of your team around them.

SO much of this depends on who goes before you, who you realistically expect to get in the 3rd round, and your starting lineup requirements.

At 10-11 you can get two very good RBs, and then come back with some very good WR talent at 30/31 or WR/TE if TE mandatory. But you won't likely have the top guy at any one position.

Assuming all 9 in front of you go RB, and you are sold on one of the top WRs, then I likely go RB/WR to get the top WR with a very good RB, as in a 10 team league, there is more depth at the RB position and you can more easily find some good RB value with your 3rd/4th round picks.

If someone throws a wrench to the typical and takes a WR or Manning in the top 9, then I would be more inclined to go RB/RB as better talent at the RB position will have made it to you, and, as noted with the 10 man league, there is more depth thus better talent available to you at the 3rd/4th round turn.

I don't believe there is any right answer to this, and I definitely would not go in saying I am defineitely going RB/RB or RB/WR or anything like that, as that is a recipe for disaster. Just grab what you perceive to be the best two available players at that point (not Manning, QB early in a 10 teamer is a HUGH mistake) and fill in appropriately at the 3rd/4th turn.

SO much of this depends on who goes before you, who you realistically expect to get in the 3rd round, and your starting lineup requirements.

At 10-11 you can get two very good RBs, and then come back with some very good WR talent at 30/31 or WR/TE if TE mandatory. But you won't likely have the top guy at any one position.

Assuming all 9 in front of you go RB, and you are sold on one of the top WRs, then I likely go RB/WR to get the top WR with a very good RB, as in a 10 team league, there is more depth at the RB position and you can more easily find some good RB value with your 3rd/4th round picks.

If someone throws a wrench to the typical and takes a WR or Manning in the top 9, then I would be more inclined to go RB/RB as better talent at the RB position will have made it to you, and, as noted with the 10 man league, there is more depth thus better talent available to you at the 3rd/4th round turn.

I don't believe there is any right answer to this, and I definitely would not go in saying I am defineitely going RB/RB or RB/WR or anything like that, as that is a recipe for disaster. Just grab what you perceive to be the best two available players at that point (not Manning, QB early in a 10 teamer is a HUGH mistake) and fill in appropriately at the 3rd/4th turn.

what he said ...

Big Country said it pretty well...

10 teams leaves room for RB depth in the 3rd round. But it also leaves room for the other 9 teams. I would only add to the above, that what you really need at 10 and 11 are Tier 1 types that you believe in.

Now for RB that probably is not going to happen. But if there are Tier 2 guys you have high hopes in snagging them is definately not a bad idea.

A few years back after winning my 10 team league, I drafted 10th and took the top two guys on the list...it turned out to be Marshall Faulk and Fred Taylor. I finished 5th. I won again last year so I share your dilema, except for our league is a modified keeper and I will keep Caddy, so this year I will take RB if one of the guys I like are availible and if not, I may take my two favorite WR. But I will NOT make up my mind until I see what goes in front of me.

Good luck

Hardrocker