[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Possible Trade

I am in a keeper league and currently I am going into the season with Peyton, Portis and Antonio Gates... I have 1 1st rounder, 2 2nd rounders, 3 3rd rounders, zero 4th and then 1 from there. I am in a 24 team league with 2 conferences of 12...alright that should be enough background so you all can help...

I have been offered a trade for Peyton...I give up Peyton and then would in turn receive Eli, a 1st and 4th rounder. Initially it seems like a no brainer to me, but I'm not sold on Eli duplicating or improving on last years numbers. What are your guys' thoughts?

..oh yea the 1st rounder I would receive would be the 9th pick overall, right behind my existing pick at 8.

Please advise. Thanks!

If you can keep three does that mean that 72 players will be kept in your league? If that's the case what kind of talent will be available when you pick at nine? I believe you'll be getting little in return for Peyton so keep him and enjoy the Colts pass addicted offense this season

In response to Ground Chuck's reply (Thanks by the way)... We had a few teams leave the league this year, so there are better than average players going back into the draft... If you look at the Top 120 here on The Huddle, the following players are available:

LJ

Alexander

Barber

R. Brown

S. Jackson

Cadillac

McGahee

L. Jordan

B. Westbrook

Julius Jones

Does that change anything?

I think that might change things. If you could add Westbrook and Jordan to your backfield it would give you the best backfield in your huge league. Peyton is special and could be huge without Edge but I couldn't blame you if you made that deal. Eli should be solid. It goes without saying that in a large league RB depth is huge.

Good Luck

In response to Ground Chuck's reply (Thanks by the way)... We had a few teams leave the league this year, so there are better than average players going back into the draft... If you look at the Top 120 here on The Huddle, the following players are available:

LJ

Alexander

Barber

R. Brown

S. Jackson

Cadillac

McGahee

L. Jordan

B. Westbrook

Julius Jones

Does that change anything?

Based on that info., then I'd definitely do it. I am a big fan of Eli this year, despite int's and tough schedule I think he's gonna have good #'s. Getting one of these RB's and a top 5 QB is worth it.

i wouldn't do it. you are already going to get one of those RBs to go with portis. i'd keep peyton and then just focus on your WRs in the 2nd-3rd rounds. of course, i'm not high on eli. i think he makes too many mistakes and i don't believe tiki will replicate last year's numbers, putting more pressure on eli.

Edited by tonorator