[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LaMont Jordan

YoungBob

I'm in a 14 team redraft league and drew the 10 hole. It's a PPR league that is notoriously RB heavy. Given the tendencies of other guys in my league I'm guessing LaMont Jordan should fall to me. I'm a little uneasy with the thought of grabbing him as I'm not a fan of the Raiders offense or Aaron Brooks. If I'm not mistaken, Brooks did not throw a TD to a back last year. Should I feel comfortable and grab him if he's there? :D

Who else do you think will be there? It's about the right place. In a 12 team draft I'd probably take a different RB and hope he was there with the 2.03 but in a 14 team league, he's probably not there for you in the second round.

My guess is that LJ, SA, LT2, Tiki, Portis, Edge, Ronnie, Caddy and SJax will be gone. If I don't want Jordan then I'm probably looking at Rudi, Westbrook or DomDavis.

70 receptions carry a lot of weight in a PPR League... I don't think he will get that many this year but he will finish top 5 RB for receptions along with LT2, Westy, Tiki, Edge and maybe Chester or SJax might slip in there. At 10 you probably will be hard pressed to find a RB that is equal in value. I like DD, but he can't stay healthy. At least Lamont is a workhorse and built like one. Take him with no regrets !!!

My guess is that LJ, SA, LT2, Tiki, Portis, Edge, Ronnie, Caddy and SJax will be gone. If I don't want Jordan then I'm probably looking at Rudi, Westbrook or DomDavis.

I like Rudi, Jordan and Davis in that order of those choices. I drafted 14 in a 16 team league last year and ended up with both Jordan and R. Johnson. I'm not as high on Jordan this year but he fits around there.

don't take lamont jordan. He didn't impress me with his running ability last year. His vision was poor often leading to him being tackled behind the line of scrimmage. Also..at times..I don't know why..he has a bad habit, when he gets the handoff and he see's the hole closing up..he cuts back out turning his body around where his back is now facing the defense. At this point he gets tackled but since his back is facing the wrong way, he doesn't get any momentum to get extra yards. I know its picky..but he does this often..weird in a way. But as far as catching the ball, thats where he excells...but he won't get 70 passes..more like 40.

I'm in a 14 team redraft league and drew the 10 hole. It's a PPR league that is notoriously RB heavy. Given the tendencies of other guys in my league I'm guessing LaMont Jordan should fall to me. I'm a little uneasy with the thought of grabbing him as I'm not a fan of the Raiders offense or Aaron Brooks. If I'm not mistaken, Brooks did not throw a TD to a back last year. Should I feel comfortable and grab him if he's there? :D

I really doubt that Jordan will make it to the 10th spot, remember last year he was doing all of this without Moss and Curry. Not to mention that Collins was horrible. I think that a hopefully healthy Curry & Moss will open up the offense, take the 8th man out of the box and allow Jordan to run more freely.

With that said he has a great set of hosses in front of him blocking, and with 70 receptions we know he can catch the ball, but don't expect more of that.

Lastly, he does not share carries on the goal line - and with Art Shell as the new coach I believe you will see a little more smash mouth football in Oakland.

My opinion Jordan is the 5th best back in this year's draft

LJ, SA, LT, TB, Jordan...

Hope this helps

don't take lamont jordan. He didn't impress me with his running ability last year. His vision was poor often leading to him being tackled behind the line of scrimmage. Also..at times..I don't know why..he has a bad habit, when he gets the handoff and he see's the hole closing up..he cuts back out turning his body around where his back is now facing the defense. At this point he gets tackled but since his back is facing the wrong way, he doesn't get any momentum to get extra yards. I know its picky..but he does this often..weird in a way. But as far as catching the ball, thats where he excells...but he won't get 70 passes..more like 40.

If not Jordan then who should he take instead and why? I agree Jordan probably will not get 70 receptions this year but in a PPR league he is better than Brown (unproven) and Rudi (23 receptions). Lamont Jordan accounted for a league high 75% of his team's total rushing yardage. His ypc (3.7) is not great but that was O-line problems. Gallery is moving back to his original side of the ball this year and Shell will get these guys to play at a high level without the penalties and dumb mistakes that plagued the O-line last year. Jordan accounted for almost 1600 total yds despite missing the last 2 games with turf toe problems. He also scored 11 tds for a team that could not afford to keep the ball on the ground. He had fewer than 15 carries in 5 games due to Bad defense, Bad QB-ing and Bad Coaching. I have the 10th pick in my league and will be thrilled if he were to fall to me. I would take S-Jax if he were there but not Brown or Rudi over Jordan in a PPR League. :D

If your looking for a RB that gets recieving yards and TDs then id go Westbrook but I think it would be too early to make him your #1 back, hes a solid #2 fantasy back but I would look at Rudi Johnson at the 10 pick or look to see if you could trade the pick and move back a few spots and up in another round and i bet you could get either rudi, lamont, westbrook or dom davis. If nobody wants the pick id take Rudi

In a PPR league, you should be happy as hell if Jordan falls to 10. I'd rank him as a top 5 or 6 RB in that format. Not only did he catch 70 balls last year, he averaged more total YPG than Portis (113 vs. 108) who is going at 4 in most drafts, and he's got a lot less mileage than most other starting RB's out there with only 654 career carries. I personally think the Huddle is off on their projection of Jordan having only 38 catches. He will have less than 70…probably closer to 50-55. Brooks has never had a RB with the pass catching abilities of Jordan so to compare how often he threw to a RB in New Orleans isn’t comparing apples to apples. Rudi falls well out of the top 10 in a PPR league in my opinion. And I wouldn’t touch that injury prone POS Dom Davis at 10. I drafted DD at 10 last year...trust me, don’t do it.

In a PPR league, you should be happy as hell if Jordan falls to 10. I'd rank him as a top 5 or 6 RB in that format. Not only did he catch 70 balls last year, he averaged more total YPG than Portis (113 vs. 108) who is going at 4 in most drafts, and he's got a lot less mileage than most other starting RB's out there with only 654 career carries. I personally think the Huddle is off on their projection of Jordan having only 38 catches. He will have less than 70…probably closer to 50-55. Brooks has never had a RB with the pass catching abilities of Jordan so to compare how often he threw to a RB in New Orleans isn’t comparing apples to apples. Rudi falls well out of the top 10 in a PPR league in my opinion. And I wouldn’t touch that injury prone POS Dom Davis at 10. I drafted DD at 10 last year...trust me, don’t do it.

+1

Good post