[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need help deciding on keeper

hcoohc03

I am in a 12 Team 5 keeper league. I have decided on 3 of my 5 keepers i need help on the 5th. I won the league last year so i pick last in a straight draft and i have no second round pick.

I have already decided on:

LT

Steve Smith

Chris Chambers

I have the following to choose from:

Domanick Davis

Deshaun Foster

T.J Houshmandzadeh

Drew Brees

I am leaning toward Domanick Davis but he hs some injuey issues at the moment and T.J Houshmandzadeh. I probably can pick up Brees at my pick in round one but with no second pick i am afraid that i am going to miss out on someting good if i have to take a QB in the first round.

Thanks in advance.

I won the league last year so ...

Wow -- LJ and SSmith carried some deadweight to the championship if those are your choices for keepers 4 & 5!!! :D

Keep Breees as likely the significantly better qbs will be kept if folks can keep 5 in a 12 ... and then, while he's likely gonna burn you with injury, I'd keep DDavis -- if he heals, he'll be the real deal.

I would take Brees as well since most everyone will probably keep a QB.

Then I would probably go with Foster. Even though he has a hard time staying healthy, so does Davis, and I like Foster's situation better. Even though the Panthers drafted Deangelo Williams, I don't see him in a starting role until maybe next year. If Foster stays healthy, he will have a pretty good year considering most defenses will be thinking about Carolina's passing game.

Keep Breees as likely the significantly better qbs will be kept if folks can keep 5 in a 12

I would take Brees as well since most everyone will probably keep a QB.

IMO, these are reasons to NOT keep Brees.

If most other owners are protecting QBs, why would you protect a subpar QB when you can a.) get him back in the draft fairly easily or b.) probably get a better QB in the draft.

Without knowing your starting lineup requirements and your scoring system, it really is hard to give significantly meaningful advice.

IMO, you hold Davis and Housh and gamble on Davis staying healthy. If you can start a 3rd RB, then I may be willing to gamble on dropping Housh and keeping Foster as well so you at least are holding onto 2 solid starting RBs and a potentially very solid 3rd RB, though, if you get PPR, I think I keep Housh over Foster even if you can start all 3 RBs.

I just can't see any scenario short of requiring 2 QB starters and figuring most teams will be protecting 2 QBs (extremely unlikely) that would have me reccomending that Brees be kept.