[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers Linebacker Steve Foley Shot by a Cop

Jumpin Johnies

Latest article from San Diego :D

Still more questions than answers. Still a lot of cop talk tryijng to cover for their boy! :D

Edited by McBoog

Current Article It makes some of the same points I made earlier about proceedure and safety. This Cop has a lot of answering to do! :D

BTW - Foley was NOT armed and this situation was pushed beyond the immediate need IMO!

Also read THIS , Foley is NOT a bad guy. He is a good person with a BAD self-inflicted problem. I make no excuses for him and he propably should not have been allowed by his team mates to leave the group unattended (if you get my drift). :D

Current Article It makes some of the same points I made earlier about proceedure and safety. This Cop has a lot of answering to do! :D

BTW - Foley was NOT armed and this situation was pushed beyond the immediate need IMO!

Also read THIS , Foley is NOT a bad guy. He is a good person with a BAD self-inflicted problem. I make no excuses for him and he propably should not have been allowed by his team mates to leave the group unattended (if you get my drift). :D

Yeah- this situation should neve have happened. Foley does sound like a solid guy, who had a few too many, and sounds like he was loaded, and driving erratically- not good obviously.

BUT- this off duty cop is a moran. Obviously, Foley did not believe he was a cop, and was not going to pull over for him. This guy should have realized in this case that uniformed officers in patrol cars were needed without question. A few points

- He followed Foley's car home, so it did make it home without injuring anyone- which is really all the off duty cop should worry about. He then calls in for marked units which he SHOULD have waited for. Instead, he gets out and escalates an already tenous situation and it goes way outta control.

- The marked units showed up minutes after the shooting. WT mess was this guy doing, when it sounds like obvious protocol was to wait for the uniformed officers to arrive. No one seemed to be in danger once Foley's car was home.......

- 2 warning shots, the 2 rounds into the car, and at least 3 more that hit Foley? is this the wild west?

making on excuse for Foley and his bahavior,

A bad move by Foley no doubt, but to be shot over this is ludacris, and 3 times?? The facts will come out, and I bet this guy is seriously reprimanded, and probably should lose his badge.

This story is just going to get bigger.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvB1...ov=ap&type=lgns

Foley forfeits 1.65 million this year, plus his career is in serious jeopardy. I'm not a cop or a lawyer, but suffice it to say it doesn't sound like they will be able to charge him with anything other than reckless driving.

When this is all said and done in a few years, I would bet Foley has a settlement in the neighborhood of a hundred million dollars, nevermind the media circus surrounding this event. At best, it was poor policework, at worst, it racially motivated and completely negligent. An african american gets shot outside his house in Coronado for driving too fast. Stay classy, San Diego.