[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown owners

MrTed46

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly - as a Ronnie Brown owner, I'm thrilled that I got the 1st of only 2 tough Defs out of the way tonight (they play Chicago in week 5 I believe). 2 TDs and 60 combined yards @ Pitt? No problem there. I look at 3 positives...

1. He only had 14 carries - this will probably be his season low. I expect a much heavier workload from here out. I thought the playcalling in the 4th was horrible - I'm not even sure he carried in the 4th.

That's not a good sign, considering that it was a close game and that MIA actually carried a lead into the 4th quarter. Brown should've had 20-25 carries by that point.

I'm sure that Brown will be a productive back this season, but one has to be at least somewhat concerned when Miami's offense can only muster 38 rushing yards in a game. The Steelers defense is good against the run, but they're not exactly the '85 Bears or 2000 Ravens.

Sometimes I think people just write on these boards to read their own thoughts...Pitt is the top run defense in the league. For a running back to muster up 60+ total yds and 2tds is a feat in itself. Any Brown owner should be jumpin up and down, considering most top run stopping defenses will completely shut down a rb. Great defenses ALWAYS stop running backs in the red zone, thats what makes them so great. Brown did a great job. Period.

Sometimes I think people just write on these boards to read their own thoughts...Pitt is the top run defense in the league. For a running back to muster up 60+ total yds and 2tds is a feat in itself. Any Brown owner should be jumpin up and down, considering most top run stopping defenses will completely shut down a rb. Great defenses ALWAYS stop running backs in the red zone, thats what makes them so great. Brown did a great job. Period.

Then I guess that the Steelers defense isn't "great" by your definition, since they didn't shut down Brown in the red zone. But they seemed to shut him down everywhere else.

Again, the Steelers D is good against the run, but not lights-out. Look at what opponents did against the Steelers in 2005...

Chris Brown: 11 carries/63 yds

Dom Davis: 15 carries/59 yds

Dillon: 22 carries/61 yds

LT: 18 carries/62 yds

Greg Jones: 18 carries/77 yds

Rudi: 12 carries/65 yds

Jamal Lewis: 17 carries/61 yds

Samkon Gado: 26 carries/62 yds

Droughns: 17 carries/56 yds

Chester Taylor: 19 carries/59 yds

Edge: 29 carries/124 yds

Rudi: 21 carries/98 yds

Thomas Jones: 14 carries/72 yds

Michael Bennett: 11 carries/43 yds

Droughns: 10 carries/36 yds

Kevin Jones: 18 carries/78 yds

With the exception of Gado, all of those guys fared MUCH better against the Steelers D than Brown did last night. Come on, 30 freaking yards on 15 carries? And a long run of 8? If I were a Brown owner, I'd be concerned about Miaim's O-line right now.

I'd worry more if I owned C Chambers.

As for Brown, what's gonna happen - "Gee, our QB sucks, what should we do?"

I do in one league and think they'll work it out. It looked like Daunte's knee wasn't yet as he didn't have much zip on out routes. Again I think they'll work it out.

Then I guess that the Steelers defense isn't "great" by your definition, since they didn't shut down Brown in the red zone. But they seemed to shut him down everywhere else.

Again, the Steelers D is good against the run, but not lights-out.

With the exception of Gado, all of those guys fared MUCH better against the Steelers D than Brown did last night. Come on, 30 freaking yards on 15 carries? And a long run of 8? If I were a Brown owner, I'd be concerned about Miaim's O-line right now.

maybe the Steelers' D is starting to believe its own press clippings.... :D

This is what worries me as a Brown owner. What was the coaching staff thinking just as they got the ball in the 4th. qtr? They were up, only by three but still, what were they thinking? I don't care what his ypc were up to that point, you gotta give him the ball. They essentially took one of their best weapons out of the game. And why for the love of God didn't CPep dump it to him at least five times with the open space in front of him during that same time instead of trying to force a throw/

Davis wasn't so bad to have most of the time. How were they vulture TDs? Who's carries did he take away for those tds or do you mean he should have ran them from 30yds. out?

I can't tell you WHAT the coaching staff was thinking when they didn't run Brown down by only three in the 4th Q, but I can tell you WHO was thinking it! Offensive Coordinator Mike Mularkey! :D It's the main reason he is no longer here in Buffalo. He can't call a game. Willis McGahee was improperly used. Nick S. better straighten Mikey out fast, or Ronnie B. will be mis-used. :D

as a Brown owner in a TD heavy league, i am very happy with his performance.

the area of concern are:

Culpepper, who looks down field first and doesn't have time to check down

Miami OL, they could not controll the line of scrimage and the few yards that Brown got, he earned.

Mularkey, the play calling was attrocious. The high school option/pitch on 3rd and 2 was soooo bad. Pitt DEF is too quick to try and run wide on them starting 6 yards behind the line of scrimage. Should have pounded between the tackles, twice if you had to to get the first down and keep the ball. They also should have involved Brown in the short passing game more.

The things I like about Brown and would draft him all over again is:

he's fast, powerful and has good hands

they have an easy schedule

they have a good def

i think Saban is a good coach