[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Balance of power in the AL

Guest Cherni

Yes.

Congrats to the Twins and Tigers fans. Your teams are playing with heart and are very fun to watch. Good luck! :D

I'll agree with you on the Twins but not the Tigers. They are playing hard I'll agree but I don't think they battle enough at the dish.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Twinkies have a chance to tie the Tigers tonight. I just got back from another loss (I attended last night's loss too). I think I've been banned from the ballpark now.

Anyway you could've gave Thames and Granderson tips on actually hitting the ball?

Your Twinkies have a chance to tie the Tigers tonight. I just got back from another loss (I attended last night's loss too). I think I've been banned from the ballpark now.

Gosh damn Twins hit a homer in the bottom of the 9th to send the game against the Royals to extra innings. I'm pretty sure I know how this one will end. :D

Plus those lousy Royals had the bases loaded with nobody out in the top of the 9th only to hit a popout and then a double play :D

Gosh damn Twins hit a homer in the bottom of the 9th to send the game against the Royals to extra innings. I'm pretty sure I know how this one will end. :D

Plus those lousy Royals had the bases loaded with nobody out in the top of the 9th only to hit a popout and then a double play :D

You were right. Twins scored the winner in the bottom of the 10th. I tell ya, there is zero quit in this team. :lol:

You can take it out on the Royals now.....that was their 100th defeat and I imagine you guys will sweep while the Sox try their hardest to screw us over.

Flat out pathetic performance by the Tigers tonight. Up 5-0 early, the bullpen collapses. Todd Jones allows the tying run in the 9th then lose in extra innings 9-7. I'm telling you right now that saves are the most overrated 'significant' stat out there. Jones has 37 of them and IMO has had a very mediocre season. I am never comfortable watching him close out a game. Almost always an adventure.

Nothing like going into the playoffs playing like crap.

Flat out pathetic performance by the Tigers tonight. Up 5-0 early, the bullpen collapses. Todd Jones allows the tying run in the 9th then lose in extra innings 9-7. I'm telling you right now that saves are the most overrated 'significant' stat out there. Jones has 37 of them and IMO has had a very mediocre season. I am never comfortable watching him close out a game. Almost always an adventure.

The Twins fell just short too, getting 2 of the 3 runs needed in the bottom of the 9th in front of over 45,000 screaming fans. Ozzie Guillen must be sick of the sight of the Twins. :D

Not going to the playoffs at all is much worse I can assure you :D

I knew the Sox would do their best to derail the Twins effort to take the division. :D The 6-3 win today means one more Detroit wins gives them the division and the Twins the wild card.

No thanks to that corksucker Guillen. Rested most of his good players. What the hell do they need rest for? It doesn't take that much effort to swing a golf club.

He should have rested more of his players at the all star game/break ...shoot Ozzie brought 7 players ( i think he brought the mascot and two ushers as well :D ) to Pittsburgh

Good for Twins and Tigers for both getting in ...good stories there

Edited by isleseeya

So the division title all comes down to one day. A win for the Tigers makes them champs, as does a loss couled with a Twins loss. A Twins win and a Tigers loss however....... :D

Even if the Tigers win, they are using up their pitchers. Kenny Rogers is now in the game...Top of the 11th.

Go Royals!!!

Oh yeah! :lol:

Thank you KC! :D

How ya feelin Detroilet?? :D

Thanks for coming to this thread late, as usual another bandwagon fan. Why didn't you post all year when you team was in 2nd or 3rd or worse? I expect nothing less from you Twinkie fans.

Thanks for coming to this thread late, as usual another bandwagon fan. Why didn't you post all year when you team was in 2nd or 3rd or worse? I expect nothing less from you Twinkie fans.

Ha ha. Bandwagon. That's pretty good. Like you even admitted you were a Tigers fan before this year.

Just because I wasnt in here running my mouth does not mean I am a bandwagon fan. I simply saw an opportunity to get in on the fun with Ursa and the other Twins fans.

I will forgive your sour mood. Had my team blown a gigantic lead and sucked its own to lose the division by getting swept by the Royals, I'd be pissed too. :D

Ha ha. Bandwagon. That's pretty good. Like you even admitted you were a Tigers fan before this year.

Just because I wasnt in here running my mouth does not mean I am a bandwagon fan. I simply saw an opportunity to get in on the fun with Ursa and the other Twins fans.

I will forgive your sour mood. Had my team blown a gigantic lead and sucked its own to lose the division by getting swept by the Royals, I'd be pissed too. :D

Not pissed, just get sick of you newbies that only jump in when your team does something and your rival doesn't. Your first post in this forum was in poor taste, just what I expected.

Everyone here knows I've been a Tiger fan for years. Like the Wings, Pistons, and even the Lions. I don't bail on my teams like Minnesota does. The North Stars and pretty soon the Wolves and possibly the Twins once Santana leaves.

We both know the Yankees will probably beat both teams but I'm sure your blind homerism won't admit it.

I'll be rooting for my team of course but I realize we are probably a year away. Of course in baseball anything can happen. Look at your two World Seried titles.

Oh and tell your city to build a real stadium for this team.

Not pissed, just get sick of you newbies that only jump in when your team does something and your rival doesn't. Your first post in this forum was in poor taste, just what I expected.

Everyone here knows I've been a Tiger fan for years. Like the Wings, Pistons, and even the Lions. I don't bail on my teams like Minnesota does. The North Stars and pretty soon the Wolves and possibly the Twins once Santana leaves.

We both know the Yankees will probably beat both teams but I'm sure your blind homerism won't admit it.

I'll be rooting for my team of course but I realize we are probably a year away. Of course in baseball anything can happen. Look at your two World Seried titles.

Oh and tell your city to build a real stadium for this team.

Good for you for being a tigers fan but boo frieken who cares! They blew it. They should have had the central and blew it!

Minnesota has tons of fair weather fans but guess what so does Detroit. BTW Minnesota never bailed on the Northstars they bailed on us. Wild have great attendance just as the stars did. Twins just got a new staduim deal and the wolves are losing but still have fans.

ROFL if you think the twins lucked into wins for our titles. They won with heart and very underrated teams.

Why would I admit the Yankees would beat us. I happen to think the Twins should be the favorite to win we have all the tools to win in the postseason. 2 Strong starters (believe it or not), best bullpen, and some clutch hitting.

Good for you for being a tigers fan but boo frieken who cares! They blew it. They should have had the central and blew it!

Minnesota has tons of fair weather fans but guess what so does Detroit. BTW Minnesota never bailed on the Northstars they bailed on us. Wild have great attendance just as the stars did. Twins just got a new staduim deal and the wolves are losing but still have fans.

ROFL if you think the twins lucked into wins for our titles. They won with heart and very underrated teams.

Why would I admit the Yankees would beat us. I happen to think the Twins should be the favorite to win we have all the tools to win in the postseason. 2 Strong starters (believe it or not), best bullpen, and some clutch hitting.

You just proved all of my points. Thanks for the support.

Oh and for the record, the Tigers did choke, no question about it but the Twins didn't exactly step up beating a half AAA White Sox team today and losing to them Friday and Saturday.

You just proved all of my points. Thanks for the support.

Oh and for the record, the Tigers did choke, no question about it but the Twins didn't exactly step up beating a half AAA White Sox team today and losing to them Friday and Saturday.

LOL, not sure what I proved exactly since I disputed your limited knowledge about twins needing a stadium to yankees beating us. I disputed everything you said and this somehow supported you. Get over it root for your team and relax a bit because believe it or not the White Sox are a better team than the Royals.

Easily the worst series the Tigers had all year. Nobody to blame but themselves. In two games we were up by 5 runs or more only to lose them both. Pathetic pitching performance. They surely exceeded all of us Tigers fans preseason expectations, but I sure don't feel very good going into the playoffs.

Off to New York we go. Just need to grab one of the first two out there.