[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL on FOX

alexgaddis

This was the worst production I have seen in a professional football game in 10 years...The announcing team of Bill Maas and that other guy I had never heard of were laughable...It sounded like it was the guys first time ever announcing...The cameras were consistently behind the play and were fooled multiple times on fakes...Did anyone else notice this? It seriously made the local pre-season broadcasts look good...how can Fox put out a product this bad?

Does someone have an address I can write to so I can voice my opinion to them? Not that they will care but I will feel better...

:D I watched the game on *ahem**cough*streamtv*cough**cough* but I never actually listened to the broadcast. I just had Sirius turned up and in sync with the broadcast.

I did notice the camera getting faked out. I also noticed it get faked out on a play that wasn't even a trick play or anything. They just started following the wrong guy. I foget what play, but I do remember laughing to myself.

:D I watched the game on *ahem**cough*streamtv*cough**cough* but I never actually listened to the broadcast. I just had Sirius turned up and in sync with the broadcast.

I did notice the camera getting faked out. I also noticed it get faked out on a play that wasn't even a trick play or anything. They just started following the wrong guy. I foget what play, but I do remember laughing to myself.

It happened on more than a few occasions...overall the broadcast was a joke...it was like watching a high-school game...

plus the crowd noise was almost non-existent...

Totally Agree!

One pet-peeve of mine is when announcers say, "this is the worst / best / all-time blah, blah, blah"...on a play that just happened despite the last few years, ahem, of football history....So against my better judgement.....

This is and was the worst game I have ever heard....it was just horrible....Maas, is a weak excuse for an announcer...I was embarrased to speak the English language....it was pathetic...I would gladly take up a collection to help him with any bills he might have that causes him to be in the broadcast booth...please, for the love of all that is good and grammatically correct, please take him away...

With regards to the pass (Minter) that ended up as a fumble, he said, "Stupid is as stupid does...and stupid just did!" :lol:

I particulary enjoyed learning twice if not three times a quarter that he had played defense in the NFL. :brew:

It was very important for me to know that if he could clone a football player, it would Peppers. :D

Being the defensive guy he is, Maas went on to congratulate each team for it's defesive abilities, almost every defensive play was highlighted...so I guess there was not bias towards one team or another...but the last I checked, there were still 11 guys on offense... :D

Although, upon further review, Maas did have a lot of man-love for Brad Johnson, who celebrated his 36th birthday..."He's a man's man." "He's a man." Truly, a serious case of man-love..... :lol:

What we need is to put Tony (goose), Maas, and someother numbnut on the same announcing team...and then send them into orbit....

There was no chemistry between the two announcers expect that they both stunk...and if it were not for C.Taylor and Williamson on my fantasy teams, well, I guess I would have watched a different game (thank you to whomever created nfl ticket, oh thank you....)

Just a couple random thoughts from the game, 24 hours later.....hopefully my therapist will help with the rest....

haha..now that i think about it...what the hell was with all the circling? I couldn't hear what htey were saying, but I kept wondering..what the hell are these guys circling all the time?

He was circling the cheerleaders, and camera guys, the uprights, the coaching staff, the football on the kick off tee, the stadium..all sorts of crap. :D what up with that?