[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice - Edge for Houshmandzadeh

tomfin2000

-12 Team Keeper League

-Can keep up to six players, but limited by position to starting requirements

-Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

-Standard scoring with bonuses for 100+ yards rushing/receiving and 300+ yards passing.

Roster:

QB: E. Manning, J. Kitna

RB: T. Barber, J. Jones, E. James, D. McAllister, J. Norwood, M. Barber, B. Jacobs

WR: L. Fitzgerald, R. Wayne, D. Mason, A. Bryant

TE: T. Heap, Desmond Clark

K: Lindell

DEF: Ravens

The combinations of Fitz's injury and the upcoming bye weeks has put me in serious trouble at WR. (Wayne would be the only WR available to me at this point for Week 7!) Obviously, I have the RB depth to do a deal, but quality WRs seem to be tougher to trade for this season than quality RBs.

Is Edge too much to give up for Houshmandzadeh?

Edited by tomfin2000

Edge hasnt been lighting the world on fire....but it may be a little steep. A #1 RB is still a #1 RB....Housh is still the #2 WR. #1 RB > #2 WR usually.

I would think you could get some decent WW help at WR even in a 12 teamer.

But if you have to trade I would aim a lil higher than Housh.

Given your WR situation, neither Bryant or Mason is consistent IMO and come to think of it Mason has just stunk all year, I think I would deal Edge. I don't love JJ or Deuce, but between the two you should be good enough at your # 2 RB spot. And to be honest the way Edge has been playing, or should I say his OL has been playing, I don't think it's that much of a drop anyway. I would say deal Edge for the best WR you can get. If that's TJ do it. If you can get a better WR then do that.

Tomfin2000,

I'm a big Housh fan and have him in my keeper league. I love the guy, but he's always dinged up with something and never quite healthy. If you could guarantee that Housh would play every single game from now til the end of the season I might do this trade in your position. Edge is running behind a joke of a line, and I just can't see him each week breaking the 100yd mark like he did in Indy. Now with Fitz out for several weeks, I just think opposing defenses will even key more on the ARI run because if have a good cover corner that could lock up Boldin, what else does ARI have? Although Edge IS a #1 RB and starts, I'd be tempted to do this but that's just because I'm very high on Housh (when he plays :D

The waiver wire has been picked clean. The best I can probably do there is put in a claim for Bryant Johnson and pray.

As far as trading Edge for a better WR goes, I really don't know who to target. There's no way I'm going to get a guy like Tory Holt, Steve Smith, or Marvin Harrison. I've already been turned down by the T.O. owner. I'm still waiting to hear back from the Chad Johnson owner, but then Johnson has been a disapointment in his own right.

I don't feel comfortable with guys like Berrian, Colston, and Reggie Brown that only have a few games under their belts as solid producers.

That leaves the solid but not spectacular guys like Housh, Javon Walker, and the slumping Hines Ward.

I would do this trade. You have the RB depth and I think we might see another one to two years out of Edge before his stock plummets. The hits he takes as AZ transitions will take their toll and in two years he'll be a 1-2 punch with a new rook. I'd make this trade.

Edit to add: the trade for Housh! (if you can't get CJ)

Edited by Gros Membres!

Well, I ended up having to trade McAllister for Houshmandzadeh. No one will touch Edge with a 10 foot pole right now. I guess averaging double digit points at the RB position just doesn't cut it these days.

I hated to give up McAllister because I think he's one of the most undervalued players in fantasy football right now, but if you look at the WRs I was going to have to roll with while Fitzgerald is out, you can see that I didn't have much of a choice. I spent the week shopping RBs around my league and this was the best I could do.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Here's hoping that Housh stays healthy and continues to produce at a high level.

Edited by tomfin2000