[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did I make a bad move?

Shorttynaz

This is a seperate team from the one in my signature so disregard that. This is a 14 team re-draft league, i'm 5-3, 2nd in points. Standard scoring, no PPR, no bonuses. Last night I accepted this trade below:

I gave up:

P Manning

D Rhodes

FOR

D Brees

K Jones

Atlanta's Defense

I was desperate for a RB. We can start 3. My RB's are were Westbrook, Rhodes, and Norwood. I went through with this trade and then dropped Norwood for Fargas. Now my RB's are Westbrook, K Jones, and J Fargas. WR's are Boldin, Burress, Cotchery, and Brees as my QB.

I hated getting rid of Manning for I am a Colts homer, but they're up 4 games in their division, and I have a strong feeling come FF playoff time, Manning will put it on cruise control, and they will continue pounding the ball to Addai not only to get him more experience, but to continue to try to force the run game to work, and prepare for the playoff's. So I figured I'd better get something for Manning now before it's too late. Did I hurt my team or did I get a little more solid?

In my opinion this was a total mistrade in your favor. You got 3-1 because Rhodes worthless at this point. If I was the commish I would probably not let this go through. Peyton is not worth what I assume to be 3 starters in your line-up.

That's what I was thinking. A guy in my league was telling me that I made a horrible move in trading Manning, and I started second guessing myself. This is a Yahoo league and the commissioner doesn't have veto power. It's up to the other owners to speak their mind and "vote" against it if they dont like it. Have to get 9 out of 12 teams to vote against it for it to be vetoe'd. (12 teams obviously cause I'm not going to vote against it, and I would assume that he wont be either seeing that he offered it).

The trade seems fine to me because youstill have McNabb and you picked up K Jones.

Dont think you read all of my original post. This is a different team than the one that's in my signature. Brees is now my only QB in this league.

In my opinion this was a total mistrade in your favor. You got 3-1 because Rhodes worthless at this point. If I was the commish I would probably not let this go through. Peyton is not worth what I assume to be 3 starters in your line-up.

Then it is a good thing you are not a commissioner. As a commissioner, it is not your responsibility to determine what is a good trade and what is not. The only reason a trade should be reversed is in case of collusion. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this trade from any perspective. he got what he was looking for and the other owner got the stud QB. Well done..

Glad you're not Commish.

Re: the trade. I'd have shopped Manning for a better combo. You should have been able to do better than KJones.

Glad you're not Commish.

Re: the trade. I'd have shopped Manning for a better combo. You should have been able to do better than KJones.

That was his best RB. I tried getting throwing in J Cotchery for H Ward in the deal too, but he wasn't having that. All other teams either had no interest in Manning, or they wouldn't come off their RB's. I dont think that K Jones is that bad. He's continuing to get better as the year progresses. The other RB I could have had was C Taylor, but personally I like K Jones better than C Taylor. Jones has the easier schedule through the rest of the year IMO.