[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

P. Manning owners...

ffjunkey

I know the NFL season is only half over, but as a Manning owner I am a bit concerned we might see a repeat of last year. If the Colts clinch home field throughout the playoffs by week 14 will Dungy play it the same way and limit the starters PT?

From a purely FF persepective I am rooting for the Colts to lose a couple games so that they do not get too far ahead. In spite of claims that the Colts are the "worst 8-0 team ever," I can see them finishing with only one or two losses. The Chargers are the only team I see challenging them for best record in the AFC right now (apologies to Ravens and Bronco fans).

It may be too early to worry about this, but I went through the same thing as an Edge owner last year and want to be prepared this time around.

Another site is suggesting that you consider trading Manning for a stud RB if you have a good backup QB that is. This is a real concern. I know a few people that lost their championship game due to this. Alex Smith and Tony Romo have a good FF playoff schedule if you can get them on the waiver wire.

Edited by Bushey

Another site is suggesting that you consider trading Manning for a stud RB if you have a good backup QB that is. This is a real concern. I know a few people that lost their championship game due to this. Alex Smith and Tony Romo have a good FF playoff schedule if you can get them on the waiver wire.

I was thinking the same, but would anyone out there accept less than LT or LJ for Manning? I don't think I could, but maybe there's another RB who could step up before the season ends. I picked up Leinart in the hopes that AZ will improve :D towards the end of the year and their schedule does not look that tough.

After the Colts offense looked completely out of sync last January, I wouldn't expect Dungy to bench Manning after the first series in Weeks 16 and 17. If I were Dungy, I'd keep them out there for two quarters... like teams typically do in the 3rd week of the preseason.

However, I agree that a trade for somebody like Romo would be helpful. And I wouldn't trade away Peyton.

Weird...but I have never owned Peyton Manning in any league....ever.

Me either. Except for his record year, Manning has never seperated himself from the top 6/7 QB pack for me to justify taking him in the late 1st/2nd round - so he always ends up on someone else's roster.