[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PPR rules...

CowboysDiehard

Hey, maybe this is something to ask Big John. I was wondering if anyone knows of a thread that discusses PPR formats. I was thinking of doing this for my league in the next couple of years, and didn't want to wind up with a scoring format that is too heavily weighted toward one position.

For example, last year, one of my leagues out of the blue implemented it for WRs only (1pt/rec). I loaded up on WRs that got a lot of looks (over yardage) and it paid off with me winning the league.

Just wanted to see what kinds of formats folks use that might be more balanced...if there's already a thread, then I'll go look at that as I figure this might be a common question each year.

Thanks!

To summarize those, PPR is either given 0.5 to 1 point per catch for all players. Does not make too much difference in relative scoring amonst the players.

There is another style for different scoring per position, such as 2 points per catch for tight ends, 1 point per catch for wide receivers and 0.5 points per catch for running backs. A system like that will make the TEs and to a lesser extent, WRs more valauble o a team.

Muck & I got into ppr scoring when in a thread about the "Perfect Scoring System".

link

You might want to take a look, and the way it affects the scoring across positions and trying to balance the scoring among positions and mimc players' value in the NFL with FF value. Muck's provided info from his league across a couple of years, as did I.

If you want any information on TOCOL, please feel free to ask.