[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WDIS at Wide Receiver?

heydudes

Standard scoring league

1 pt 10 yards receiving

6 pts td

Isaac Bruce (Rams) vs. Seattle in what might be a shootout or Matt Jones (Jax) vs. Houston?

My team starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

starters listed first

QB Palmer, Kitna, Favre

RB Portis, Kevin Jones, Thomas Jones, Mike Bell

WR Marques Colston, Keyshawn Johnson, Isaac Bruce, Matt Jones, Rod Smith

TE Tony Gonzalez

K Elam

D/ST Chicago

Edited by heydudes

Matt Jones is the player that DelRio wants to be his number one. He is sticking with Garrard because he feels he is a better passer and has more mobility than Lefty. DelRio is smart and has been cautious with bringing back Matt Jones and has tried to patiently worked his timing with Garrard back to where he needs to be. All signs point to the Jags feeding the ball to Jones early and often. As long as the hammy holds he will have a good chance at 100 yards and a Touchdown. Keep in mind it is the speed he has for his size that is his best attribute, breaking a long one is very possible.

2 for bruce and 2 for matt jones. i have been leaning toward matt jones for the reasons stated by darth8ball. he is 6'5" is quick and has great hands. as the replies have been split thus far, i am even more unsure. thanks for your thoughts so far people. please keep 'em coming. thanks

Bruce. His production is more consistent and Garrard seems to favor Wilford.

Last 3 games vs Sea.

Holt 325 yards and 5 TD's

Bruce 61 and 0 TD's

and Holt had a 45 yard and no touch game last year, which means 140 avg and 2.5 over the other two.

make up your own mind and thank me on Mon.

Edited by darth8ball

I show Bruce over the last 4 games vs. Seattle with a total of 19 rec and 243 yds. In 2005 he was 1-16 in his only game against Seattle.

Matt Jones in 2 games vs. Houston has a total of 3 rec for 21 yds, and 5 yds rushing, or 13 yds of offense per game if you want to play H2H stats.

On the year Matt Jones has done the following:

wk1 vs. Dal: 5 rec, 71 yds

wk2 vs. Pit: 6-73

wk3 vs. Ind: 0-0

wk4 vs Wash: 2-13

wk8 vs. Phi: 2-32

wk9 vs. Tenn: 3-66

On the year Bruce has done the following:

wk1 vs. Den: 5-64

wk2 vs. SF: 5-77

wk3 vs. AZ: 3-79

wk4 vs. Det: 7-100, 1td

wk5 vs. GB: 2-23

wk6 vs. Sea: 5-45

wk8 vs. SD: 5-105

Wk9 vs. KC: 3-61

Stats aside, look at the defenses too- Dunta Robinson vs. Matt Jones or Kelly Herndon vs. Isaac Bruce.

In the big picture, you're probably looking at 3 rec for either receiver and 50 yds of expected production. I just feel more comfortable about Bruce getting those numbers than Jones.

Edited by Dingoes

Matt Jones -- he's the #1 receiver and much more athletic than the guys guarding him. And he'll pretty much always be the Rams #2 option behind whichever RB is in the game. Bruce is the Rams #2 receiver at best (Curtis has been getting decent PT too); and is way behind Holt and SJax in the pecking order.

Jones has a MUCh bigger upside.