[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB dilemma

Deacon Frost

Eli's in a funk and faces a tough Jag D on the road.

Rivers faces a tough Denver D but is at least looking good for the moment.

McNair's on the WW right now and faces the Atlanta D.

Pennington's got the Bear defense and is clearly a no-no for this week...but just thinking about picking him up for the stretch run w/ a much softer passing D schedule the rest of the way.

I'm leaning towards Rivers even though it's killing me to not have a really good option at QB right now...maybe McNair but he doesn't excite me, either, even with the big numbers this past week. At 8-2, I'm trying to catch the league leader at 9-1 and get the #1 seed in the playoffs...and I've goofed up and find myself w/o a great QB!

I like Rivers but with LT on fire. his #'s are just avg. Eli is in a funk but jax D has not been that great and McNair looked good this pat week. HUMMMM. I would go with Rivers I think that they will start to save LT and use the pass more this week vs the run D of Denver ... good luck :D

Depends on who you would have to drop to pickup McNair. I wouldn't drop Rivers for him, and obviously you can't drop Manning for him either. Neither Manning or Rivers make great starts this week. Manning has been in a funk and now he lost Petigout (spelling?) and might be getting more pressure and more sacks. Rivers plays in Denver against a tough defense. I would start McNair if you have a scrub you could drop to pick him up.

Depends on who you would have to drop to pickup McNair. I wouldn't drop Rivers for him, and obviously you can't drop Manning for him either.

Fortunately, I can drop a backup from any position. I may have to drop the Falcon D temporarily or one of my backup RB's though I hate to dump anybody a competitor can use....McMichael may just have to hit the waiver wire. Such is life.

Has anyone seen if Shaun Alexander is back this weekend?...hate to drop Maurice Morris and let somebody else get him, but....

Edited by Deacon Frost

I am in a similar situation and think this is the type of game where Rivers thrives. Den will force River to beat them. The dicey thing is Denver's secondary is great. But you have to think the intermediate stuff (Gates!) will be open with the LBs committed to stopping/slowing the run. I still like Rivers to have a better than average day.

I would drop McMichael and pick up McNair. He has shown improvement and I wouldn't hesitate to start him this week.