[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need some trade advice involving Colston please

CopeDog

I'm on the fence about this because I feel like my RBs can turn it around and Colston has been great but I'm skeptical if he can keep up his current pace.

He Gives:

Kevin jones

Anquan Boldin

LJ Smith

I Give:

Marques Colston

Antonio Gates

I'm hurting at Running back but am still fairly stacked at WR, and its not a HUGE downgrade at TE since Gates has only scored 18 more points this year then Smith. I've been trying to pry Shaun Alexander from him but he's not budging (he also has LT!!!)

Here's my current squad. Thanks for the help:

Delhomme, Jake CAR QB 118

Plummer, Jake DEN QB 111

Wallace, Seneca SEA QB 50

Bell, Mike DEN RB 56

Bell, Tatum DEN RB (P) 83

Green, Ahman GBP RB (P) 107

James, Edgerrin ARI RB 81

Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB 23

Colston, Marques NOS WR 140

Johnson, Chad CIN WR 105

Wayne, Reggie IND WR 121

Gates, Antonio SDC TE 67

Vinatieri, Adam IND PK 67

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def

Yeah I do it.It gets you away from the whole Denver RB situation.KJ can be your number 1 then play Ahman or Edge accrding to match-up.You have good WR depth plus you get Boldin.Yeah you lose a great WR but the upgrade you get at RB really helps.Gates has been a huge disapointment so giving him up is no big deal.Smith will be serviceable.

I'd probably do this as it improves your RB situation and gives you a nice threat in Boldin who will continue to see looks with Fitz's iffy hamstring. LJ Smith has been horrid as of late but you have to think he'll turn it around.

I would certainly try for Alexander. What are his other WRs? Maybe you can downgrade there slightly and convince him on Alexander.

I'd probably do this as it improves your RB situation and gives you a nice threat in Boldin who will continue to see looks with Fitz's iffy hamstring. LJ Smith has been horrid as of late but you have to think he'll turn it around.

I would certainly try for Alexander. What are his other WRs? Maybe you can downgrade there slightly and convince him on Alexander.

Oh wow, got a response from him on Alexander....

He Gives:

Alexander

Boldin

Jennings

LJ Smith

I Give:

Wayne or A. Green

Colston

Gates

Would you pull the trigger on that? I'm thinking A.Green instead of Wayne would be a solid trade.

He Gives:

Alexander

Boldin

Jennings

LJ Smith

I Give:

Wayne or A. Green

Colston

Gates

Would you pull the trigger on that? I'm thinking A.Green instead of Wayne would be a solid trade.

I agree.If you do the deal give A.Green.I would not expect a whole lot from SA right out of the gate though.I almost like the original deal where you get KJ.Edge and KJ playing against each other this week looks pretty good.

He Gives:

Alexander

Boldin

Jennings

LJ Smith

I Give:

Wayne or A. Green

Colston

Gates

I like the 1st trade involving K. Jones. Seattle really has not had THAT good a running game all season. I just think your getting more or giving less in the 1st option.

I need one more win or one loss from the 3rd place team to lock the playoffs. Looking at schedules, SA has Cardinals, 49ers and Chargers in the playoffs. Green has 49ers, Lions, Vikings. Kjones has Vikings, Packers, Bears. Based upon that, I think SA has the best playoff schedule of the 3 RBs involved.

So, as long as I can squeek out one win in the regular season, i should be set in the playoffs with SA.

Any more opinions?

Thanks for taking the time to respond Gros! I think I made this a little easier on myslef tonight. I was able to pick up Betts even though I was second to last in normal free agent pickups. And I'm offering a guy whose out of contention Chad Johnson for Rudi Johnson. If he doesnt accept it, I'll probably move forward with the Jones trade. Thanks again!