[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Caprica" (2007) [TV-Series 2007-?]

cliaz

Plot Outline: Two families, the Graystones and the Adamas, live together on a peaceful planet known as Caprica, where a startling breakthrough in artificial intelligence brings about unforeseen consequences. A spin-off of the Sci Fi Channel series "Battlestar Galactica" set 50 years prior to the events of that show.

I think this might work. Show the 1st Cylon War.

Was originally pitched to NBC/Universal by Remi Aubuchon as an independent series with no connection to the Battlestar Galactica franchise. NBC/Universal read the pilot (an allegorical story about slavery with robots) and suggested Aubuchon meet with Ronald D. Moore and David Eick (who were considering a Battlestar Galactica spin-off series at the time). Aubuchon, Moore and Eick met and within a couple of months the "Caprica" series was born.

I'm skeptical... in my imagination it would be a softer version of the show dealing more with social issues than with kicking ass.

Mega-skeptical here also. I don't think it'll be 1/10th as good as BSG, but one can hope. If they have flying motorcycles, I'm outta here. :D

• 2 years later...

Well, the movie to launch the series is out and it's definitely nothing like the original series. Not sure if I like it or not. Kind of freaky in plot/character development. But interesting in how they get the first cylon loaded with intelligence. Won't write any spoilers just yet.