[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got a New QB Going Forward

giantsfan

Just can't play Rivers anymore. Simply put SD runs too much and LT scores ALL the TD's. Time to go to plan B, Leinart.

Rivers - at Buff (25,20), Den (5, 24), KC (16, 12), at Sea (17, 19)

Leinart - at St. Louis (31, 9), Sea (17, 19), Den (5, 24) at SF (15, 23)

Those are their schedules weeks 13-16. The way I look at it is sure Leinart is risky, but at least I know they'll throw a lot. With SD they may not throw AND inside the 10 is is always a run. Plus other then next week I think the matchups favor Zona. And look at next week. Jax ran for 200 + today what do you think LT will do? Plus the Rams pass D looks okay because teams just pound them with the run all day, well Zona can't do that and should be behind. In the last 5 games Rivers has had 1 good fantasy game and 3 below average ones followed up with an awful game today. So where is my real risk? Does anyone think I am crazy for just making this call and that's that no thinking every week who do I start, thus choosing wrong. Just running with Leinart and his 35 + throws every week.

Just can't play Rivers anymore. Simply put SD runs too much and LT scores ALL the TD's. Time to go to plan B, Leinart.

Those are their schedules weeks 13-16. The way I look at it is sure Leinart is risky, but at least I know they'll throw a lot. With SD they may not throw AND inside the 10 is is always a run. Plus other then next week I think the matchups favor Zona. And look at next week. Jax ran for 200 + today what do you think LT will do? Plus the Rams pass D looks okay because teams just pound them with the run all day, well Zona can't do that and should be behind. In the last 5 games Rivers has had 1 good fantasy game and 3 below average ones followed up with an awful game today. So where is my real risk? Does anyone think I am crazy for just making this call and that's that no thinking every week who do I start, thus choosing wrong. Just running with Leinart and his 35 + throws every week.

Gfan, I have Kitna and Leinart and am considering doing the same thing. Kitna's consistent with his 250 and 1 but that ain't gonna freakin cut it come playoff time. I'm worried. Leinart had nice #'s this week but it seems that everyone's getting them against Minnesota and I did'nt see the game so I don't know if he got alot of the yards when Minny already had the game in hand or if he did well all day.

I'll probly roll with him this week; the game does'nt really matter just for playoff seedings for me. The next 2 weeks Kitna has Minny and GB so I'm undecided what I'll do then. The idea of going into the FF playoffs with Matt Leinart as my QB is a little unnerving. Good luck.

Gfan, I have Kitna and Leinart and am considering doing the same thing. Kitna's consistent with his 250 and 1 but that ain't gonna freakin cut it come playoff time. I'm worried. Leinart had nice #'s this week but it seems that everyone's getting them against Minnesota and I did'nt see the game so I don't know if he got alot of the yards when Minny already had the game in hand or if he did well all day.

I'll probly roll with him this week; the game does'nt really matter just for playoff seedings for me. The next 2 weeks Kitna has Minny and GB so I'm undecided what I'll do then. The idea of going into the FF playoffs with Matt Leinart as my QB is a little unnerving. Good luck.

This week is the same for me as well, just seedings. As for Leinart's game he was solid throughout and only threw 1 int if you take out the last pass hailmary int, which doesn't really count looking forward. I do have concerns with Leinart going forward, but I just can't stand being on the LT express anymore. With the exception of the Cincy game Rivers has been average at best for fantasy and then was awful yesterday. So I think I'll take the gamble. For you it is a tougher call because Kitna throws a lot as well, but I think I would take the shot also. Strong schedule and a lot of throws should mean at worst he is pretty good you'd think.

Edited by giantsfan

This week is the same for me as well, just seedings. As for Leinart's game he was solid throughout and only threw 1 int if you take out the last pass hailmary int, which doesn't really count looking forward. I do have concerns with Leinart going forward, but I just can't stand being on the LT express anymore. With the exception of the Cincy game Rivers has been average at best for fantasy and then was awful yesterday. So I think I'll take the gamble. For you it is a tougher call because Kitna throws a lot as well, but I think I would take the shot also. Strong schedule and a lot of throws should mean at worst he is pretty good you'd think.

I can also make a play for Harrington this week but would have to drop Kitna or Leinart to get him.

Miami schedule 13-16 -- Jax,NE,@Buf and NYJ. waddya think?

I can also make a play for Harrington this week but would have to drop Kitna or Leinart to get him.

Miami schedule 13-16 -- Jax,NE,@Buf and NYJ. waddya think?

I may be in the minority here but I just don't trust Harrington. I rather have Leinart or Kitna but hey that's me. Plus Jax, NE, in Buff (weather), and the Jets isn't a tital cake schedule. Again that's me and most like Harrington now.

I have Bulger and Leinert, also considering similar transition.

I was also at the game between Minnesota and AZ. (Side note: Might have been one of the worst coached games by Denny Green). I'd say 120 yards of his 405 yards came after the 99 yd fumble return when they were passing on all 4 downs (yes, no punting).

Anyhow, it's difficult to predict Leinert's success going forward because Minnesota's pass defense is unbelievably pourous. I sat right behind the AZ bench, and it's noticeable how severe the hits Leinert takes when Warners' constantly warming up. Another observation is that Fitz looked very healthy. Having both of them on the field is going to be difficult for any team to cover, unless they have a very strong pass rushing front four.

What I'm saying is that it's probably not as incredibly risky as it seems to make this move. I think he probably has bad days as bad as what you're currently seeing with your starters (not what you saw when Fitz was injured).

Also, I'm pretty sure I'd start Kitna against Minnesota.

I've been monitoring Leinart for most of the season (had Warner) and have had Rivers as my starter. Sure, he's average. Sure, LT threw for a TD pass. Rivers had almost identical stats earlier in the year against OAK (barely over a 100 yds passing and no TDs).

Leinart has been erratic. Green preached committing to the run last week and ran the ball 7 times for 17 yards. Playing against Minny has been a field day for FF Os, Leinart's weapons are undeniable, but I just don't think he can be trusted yet to deliver when the matchup is right (see Dallas, DET, GB, OAK). Completely unpredictable - the games you think he'll throw for 220 and 2 TDs he throws for 200 but 0TDs/2 ints. Which is the most frustrating thing about him, the sample size is too small to depend on him and the offensive play calling is too nonsensical to get a good grasp on what the offensive identity in AZ is.

But if you're a gambler, go for it. Try it out this weekend and see how you can play Leinart and Rivers together.

Cowboys, I would play Kitna over Leinart this weekend.

Personally I would not give up on Grossman just yet.....his schedule down the road is very week in terms of pass defenses. Minnesota, St. Louis, Tampa and Detriot !!!!! I bet he ends the season on a tear !!! Someone in my league actually dropped him, I am thinking of picking him up.