[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cars on ebay

KevinL

pay no attention. do whatcha gotta do. I've found from frequenting many forums, the folks here are by far the most educated and wealthy ( and snobbish). We are not all at their level and I don't care ( and neither should you). What matters is you doing good for your family.

:D

No no... I'm serious. I am a big fan of beater cars. :D That wasn't meant to be an insult.

My buddy in highschool drove a $50 Dart that had no ignition, started with a screwdriver, and had the passenger door shazaamied shut so you had to use the window. I loved that car.

Another friend had a car that we had to jump out at traffic lights and push the front bumper back on... and before he repaired it with a piece of wood, we'd often have to reattach the battery that slid around.

Before I made a stupid purchase in the mid-90s, I never paid more than $3K for a car, and I drove them until they died. That is also my new plan because I discovered that I make new cars very used very fast.

I currently drive a car that cost $5K, and if I didn't get such a deal on it from my inlaws, I would have ended up with at least a 10 year old Subaru.

I'm no snob. I love (and find humor in) the quirks of cheap cars.

Up until the current car, I've not driven a car for any extended period that didn't have at least 100,000 miles on it... The only kind of cars worth owning are the ones that you get a REALLY good deal on ... and I mean REALLY good! It doesn't really matter what kind of car it is, as long ast you get a stupidly good deal on it. GB the $1500 beater...

PS - Excluding the current ride, most most favorite car I owned since college was a 1983 diesel sedan with more than 300,000 miles on it ... and, I drove that thing until just a few years ago when I traded up to a 1985 diesel sedan that had only 220,000 miles ... and I had that one until just about 15 months ago!

PPS - The first car I ever drove was a 15-ish year old van that had rainbow colored shag carpet on the floor, sides and roof of the van, vinyl seats that were held together with duct tape (you had to put a towel on the seat you were sitting on so that the duct tape residue wouldn't glue your rearend to the chair), the AC didn't work but the heater worked all the time regardless (made summer driving fun), the radio only played one volume (loud) out of the front passenger speaker, and one of the windows on the side didn't have the latch that was used to pop it out to get some air ... so, if you took a hard left hand turn, the window would sorta flap in the breeze. Oh, and it had embroidered curtains that ran the entire length of the van. It was beautiful! :D

The "buyer" had 0 feedback, I messaged the guy that I was still interested.

Got a message back today that the "buyer" was a scam. Plan to make an offer on the car.

:D

no doubt one of the loonies that read the board but don't post... :D

no doubt one of the loonies that read the board but don't post... :D

No, I think it was a regular Nigerian-style ebay-car-scammer. Offerred to pay by Western Union and wanted the car shipped to him.

I made an offer and he accepted, I'm picking it up on Saturday.