[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Basketbrawl

Jumpin Johnies

if this happened in the nhl, it wouldn't even make the papers. in the nfl, it would probably make the game highlights, but no way is it a lead story. why is it such an outrage if it happens in the nba?

I think fighting also becomes a little more serious when the guys aren't wearing helmets and pads.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fighting also becomes a little more serious when the guys aren't wearing helmets and pads.

Meh, not really, they're basically a bunch of Rosie O'Donnell compared to hockey players. Hockey players stand toe to toe and beat the tar out of each other. Basketball players throw a punch and run the other way. :D

if this happened in the nhl, it wouldn't even make the papers. in the nfl, it would probably make the game highlights, but no way is it a lead story. why is it such an outrage if it happens in the nba?

well as others have pointed out, there's the helmet and pads thing. there's also the fact that in hockey the dudes are standing on ICE. you notice how an NHL guy will take about 15 pops in a row right to the grill from a 250 pound thug and come away with a bloody nose and maybe needing a stitch or two? it's tough to get a ton of leverage on your licks when you're standing on ice.

Well, I don't know why the NHL evolved with the mentality that fighting was essentially part of the game, but it did.

Fighting, per se, wasn't anymore of a big deal in the NBA than in the NFL until it spilled into the stands in such a big way if '04. They obviously had to put their foot down because that simply can't happen. I think this is such a big deal because of that melee and it should be.

Each league is entitled to it's own set of rules. I mean, in Amsterdam you can smoke hash, here you get busted. What's up with that?

Meh, not really, they're basically a bunch of Rosie O'Donnell compared to hockey players. Hockey players stand toe to toe and beat the tar out of each other. Basketball players throw a punch and run the other way. :D

Let's keep this discussion to actual sports.........

NHL still around??

Edited by wildcat2334

i have to say though, it's pretty amusing to come in here and see a bunch of out of shape internet warriors talking about what Rosie O'Donnell 6'8", 250 lb. black men in peak physical condition are. hmm let's see, carmelo vs. furd or JJ in a throwdown? call me crazy, but my money is on the "big floppy smile" :D

We arent talking about how they would do against us..We are talking about how they do against each other since that is what we actually saw and Melo looked like a figure skater..

Edited by whomper