[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grossman to be pulled early

Jumpy Gathers

December 24, 2006 11:18 AM ET

Bears: Grossman to be pulled early?

The News

Bears head coach Lovie Smith may choose to reserve starting quarterback Rex Grossman for the second half of today's game against the Lions. FoxSports is reporting that the coach may want to start resting some of his veterans, and as a result, there's a good chance that Brian Griese will play in the second half of today's game.

Our View

We wouldn't be surprised if this type of thinking also affects Thomas Jones' production today as well. The Bears are basically playing for nothing now that they have clinched home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Wise fantasy owners will reserve Grossman, because he may play only the first half of today's game.

Dang. So much for Rex with a great matchup in my superbowl. I wasn't thinking he'd sit until week 17, but I can't take a chance :D ... sooooo, here's hoping those weekly projections are on target ... :D

Derek Anderson, please pick up the powdery courtesy phone ... Derek Anderson ...