[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wild Card Weekend Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Here is Lang's apology to his clients:

The Worst

NFL Playoff Weekend

Of My Career

A note to my clients:

As tough a weekend as I have ever had in the NFL playoffs. I have done this for quite sometime and I can honestly say this is about as bad as it's ever been.

I can honestly say I am embarrassed to call myself a handicapper after my weekend performance. No excuses whatsoever, I flat out didn't get it done. End of story.

I will stand here and face the music of insults and death threats that my customer service team are dealing with at a record level right now.

Bottom line is this past weekend continued my struggles in the NFL this year as it has been one of my worst ever. No excuses. Just stating the obvious.

I know a lot of you will never buy another pick from me the rest of your life and quite frankly, I can't blame you.

However, as bad as Sunday was, I have to move forward with anyone who is moving forward with me.

If that means just 1 customer still placing their faith in me, that is one customer I will work harder than I ever have to get back on track this coming week.

As bad as my NFL season has been is as good as my College football season has been and closing out that season with the National Championship winner will be just what the doctored ordered.

To those going forward with me on Monday, I appreciate the vote of confidence more than you will ever know and I will do my best, my absolute very best not to let you down.

The uphill climb back to the top of the mountain starts Monday.

Edited by Steeltown Dre

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The truth is if these handicappers really thought they new it all why wouldn't they just bet the game. Instead they get to bet the game with your money. If they lose no $$ out of their pocket in fact tehy make money and if they win they make money plus they are considered a genius.

The absolute best ads I like are the ones that say we guarantee our picks. If we don't win we'll give you back your money plus 15%. Wow isn't that nice. What that really means is they get to bet $15 to win a $100. :D

The truth is if these handicappers really thought they new it all why wouldn't they just bet the game. Instead they get to bet the game with your money. If they lose no $$ out of their pocket in fact tehy make money and if they win they make money plus they are considered a genius.

The absolute best ads I like are the ones that say we guarantee our picks. If we don't win we'll give you back your money plus 15%. Wow isn't that nice. What that really means is they get to bet $15 to win a $100. :D

2 of the types of subscriptions are either packages/subscriptions or individual game/night picks.

The first one is usually not guaranteed. It is a year, or a season, or a month ... of plays. From that Dr. Bob article:

Though he will not say how many subscribers he has, how much money he earns or whether he bets his own games, Mr. Stoll says he makes his living as a handicapper, not a bettor. By any measure, it's fair to say he makes a good living. If he has 2,000 subscribers paying an average of $500 each, his annual income would be $1 million.

So these guys don't need to bet on the games. And as you can see, you don't even need to win to get subscribers. All you need is excellent marketing, a major spin campaign after your weekend losses (see the Lang spin campaign above) and maybe a few key games that you win to keep your clients happy. If Lang wins on his BCS Champ game, his clients will forget his losing NFL weekend. At least a good number will...

The guaranteed picks could be out for tonight's BCS Champ game. They charge $50 to get their winning pick, and tell people if it loses, you get your $50 back.

Well the players lets say are actually dropping a dime on the game, so if it loses, they are still down $950. And the tout just loses some profit, he is not in the hole. Of course, those who get that pick automatically from a package they purchased earlier have already paid for the pick and don't get the guarantee, so the tout is still making money on the game regardless.

2 of the types of subscriptions are either packages/subscriptions or individual game/night picks.

The first one is usually not guaranteed. It is a year, or a season, or a month ... of plays. From that Dr. Bob article:

So these guys don't need to bet on the games. And as you can see, you don't even need to win to get subscribers. All you need is excellent marketing, a major spin campaign after your weekend losses (see the Lang spin campaign above) and maybe a few key games that you win to keep your clients happy. If Lang wins on his BCS Champ game, his clients will forget his losing NFL weekend. At least a good number will...

The guaranteed picks could be out for tonight's BCS Champ game. They charge $50 to get their winning pick, and tell people if it loses, you get your $50 back.

Well the players lets say are actually dropping a dime on the game, so if it loses, they are still down $950. And the tout just loses some profit, he is not in the hole. Of course, those who get that pick automatically from a package they purchased earlier have already paid for the pick and don't get the guarantee, so the tout is still making money on the game regardless.

Would imagine most professional handicappers were once compulsive gamblers. I've argued this before but no one that I know has ever beaten the book long term. NO ONE!

Have you ever thought these guys might have another service as well just under a different name. On one service they give Ohio State while on the other they give Florida. Incredible they win either way. And the one that wins gets the "This service is awesome reputation" just because a so called expert predicted the outcome. :D

Explain that math to me.

Explain that math to me.

Say a pick cost $100 for a sure fire winner and he guarantees money back plus 15%. Sounds like he's confident, doesn't it? So he says take OHio state which cost you $100 to get that advice and the buckeyes lose. So he gives you back $115. You made $15. He lost $15. Now if Ohio State wins he keeps your $100. So in short he is betting $15 to make $100. :D

Say a pick cost $100 for a sure fire winner and he guarantees money back plus 15%. Sounds like he's confident, doesn't it? So he says take OHio state which cost you $100 to get that advice and the buckeyes lose. So he gives you back $115. You made $15. He lost $15. Now if Ohio State wins he keeps your $100. So in short he is betting $15 to make $100. :D

Oh - so you're saying that I give someone $100 just for their advice? Then I have to put up another $100 (or whatever) for the actual bet?

What kind of idiot would fall for that?

I would never pay anyone for gambling advice.

Oh - so you're saying that I give someone $100 just for their advice? Then I have to put up another $100 (or whatever) for the actual bet?

What kind of idiot would fall for that?

I would never pay anyone for gambling advice.

It's not always $100 sometimes it can be as low as say $10. But the perception is the more you pay for the pick the better it must be. If you are only betting $100 guess you couldn't afford it anyway. The guys more prone to this type of advertsing are those gamblers betting dimes on a game.

It's not always $100 sometimes it can be as low as say $10. But the perception is the more you pay for the pick the better it must be. If you are only betting $100 guess you couldn't afford it anyway. The guys more prone to this type of advertsing are those gamblers betting dimes on a game.

Wow, I can't believe people fall for that. I guess PT Barnum was right.