[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League - Who should I keep?

manc68

I get to keep three players next year. Out of the following, who should I keep? LT is a given. Possible trade available where I can trade Reggie Wayne for extra draft choices.

Drew Brees QB NO

Philip Rivers QB SD

Vince Young QB TEN

LaDainian Tomlinson RB SD

Ladell Betts RB WAS

Terrell Owens WR DAL

Marty Booker WR MIA

Reggie Wayne WR IND

Marques Colston WR NO

No doubt LT. Wayne is definitely a keeper even with Harrison around. For the 3rd choice I personally would go with Colston. I know, he's a rook that came outta nowhere to have a pretty good year. From what I seen of him during the year I have a feeling he's going to have a pretty good NFL career.Having Brees throwing to him really helps too. I like Vince Young's upside but I've just always been a little leery of keeping a QB as a keeper unless his name is Peyton Manning. I'm in a 3 keeper league and the only rb that I had that was worthy of being a keeper was Tiki Barber and he's retiring, so my 3 keepers next year will be Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne and Marques Colston. It's a PPR league as well. Just my :D

Yep, LT-Brees-Wayne. I think Colston surprised people this year, and while he'll still be a top 10-15 type WR he won't be top 5 -- Wayne probably will. But if you trade Wayne for good picks, having the Brees-Colston tandem could be real good (or, obviously, real bad vs. certain matchups).

TO is a distant third at WR.

I agree with the previous and suggest LT, Brees and Wayne. Unless someone blows you away with a trade for Wayne, then opt for Colsten.

Colsten was great this year, but my preference would be to have a QB & WR from separate teams. If you had Brees & Colsten, an injury to Brees could reduce the production of both positions. Wayne is a proven producer with a relatively (as the NFL goes) stable situation.

Edited by ljbrun