[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowher to announce retirement

DMD

I think the family excuse is lame. Aren't his oldest daughters in college?

"Family" would also include his wife, who moved out of Pittsburgh last year. Since NFL HCs spend about 18 hours a day at work, it's possible that they're having marital problems and Cowher wants to attend to that instead of coaching. If that's the case, good for him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Family" would also include his wife, who moved out of Pittsburgh last year. Since NFL HCs spend about 18 hours a day at work, it's possible that they're having marital problems and Cowher wants to attend to that instead of coaching. If that's the case, good for him.

Baloney. The wife knows what the deal is when she signs aboard.

Good for him anyway. You only get one life, Bill is richer than God and he should do what he wants to do.

I realize that O'Brein is at the helm at NC State, but I could see Cowher take say the DC job in 08 for the WolfPack. He would be embraced by the fans and it would be close to home 50% of the time and much less stressful and O'Brien could make him Asst. HC as well.

I realize that O'Brein is at the helm at NC State, but I could see Cowher take say the DC job in 08 for the WolfPack. He would be embraced by the fans and it would be close to home 50% of the time and much less stressful and O'Brien could make him Asst. HC as well.

I'm not sure why a successful NFL HC who has won two AFC titles and one SB would want to take a DC job at a school that doesn't have the recruiting power to win a national championship... aside from the fact that it's near his home. If Cowher didn't like coaching in the NFL, he would've left early like Spurrier and Saban.

I'm not sure why a successful NFL HC who has won two AFC titles and one SB would want to take a DC job at a school that doesn't have the recruiting power to win a national championship... aside from the fact that it's near his home. If Cowher didn't like coaching in the NFL, he would've left early like Spurrier and Saban.

I'm with ya in that I don't beleive he would, but it's his Almamater(sp), he could sleep in his bed just about every night in Raleigh, help recruit(Cowher at State would bring some talent) and then go back to the NFL when he wanted to, as he has pretty much run the gambit in the NFL.

This made me laugh out loud.

:D