[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bobby Petrino - Louisville Head Coach

broncosn05

I guess the whole NCAA is tricked by Louisville, WVU, and Rutgers since they are all ranked in the top 15 in the nation. F***ing Big East! How dare they!

They are underrated more than anything, atleast they aren't overrated like the team we saw last night.

Then you talk about how EASY it is to go against Wake Forest and GT....well, If they weren't good enough to be there, they wouldn't have. I mean Wake Forest WON the ACC, and GT came in second, beating out teams such as Miami, FSU, VT, CU, and others.

Edited by CD6405

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the whole NCAA is tricked by Louisville, WVU, and Rutgers since they are all ranked in the top 15 in the nation. F***ing Big East! How dare they!

i couldn't agree more.

Louisville and Rutgers can boast they beat Kansas State. Congratulations on the huge wins over the 7th best team in the Big 12.

This season... Miami was crap, FSU was crap, and I don't know who you're referring to when you type "CU". If you say Clemson, then I'll truly lmao. "And others" would be interesting too... yeah Louisville beat Kentucky (SEC), WV beat Maryland, and Rutgers beat UNC. Exhilerating. The ACC was miserable this season. The 3rd/4th best SEC or Big 10 team could've won the ACC this season. In fact Georgia would've had a shot.

So basically the Big Least's 3 top teams all belong in the top 15 for beating the ACC (a conference without a team in the top 15) and the 7th best team in the Big 12. Overrated, no not one bit.

The only conference I see as overrated is the Big Ten. Everyone here complains of how they Big East is overrated, but honestly, the only games you guys probably have seen are the bowl games. They may not have had big wins, but neither did Boise St. and we saw what they can do against bigger competition in Oklahoma.

The only conference I see as overrated is the Big Ten. Everyone here complains of how they Big East is overrated, but honestly, the only games you guys probably have seen are the bowl games. They may not have had big wins, but neither did Boise St. and we saw what they can do against bigger competition in Oklahoma.

3 teams in the top ten is certainly overrated.

:D

LOL, OK there Big East man. Tell us again how Louisville, who couldn't even beat Rutgers, would stomp Cal or Wisconsin. You know crap about college football.

:D Gomer, let me try this again. You keep saying crap like Minnesota(a freaking 6-7 team) would be favored over Rutgers. Then, when I make you look like the simpleton you are, you respond with Cal and Wisconsin. They are both good teams(which may or may not bneat Loisville or Rutgers), but that is not what you said. But then again, you are probably so smoked up you don't remember what you said. It is OK, I understand. It is like trying to explain things to my 7 year old. Sometimes you just give up. :D

Yea, and only one WON against good competition, the other 2 were blown out. :D

The Browns beat the Chiefs.

The Dolphins beat stomped the Patriots.

The Texans beat the Colts.

The Dolphins beat the Bears.

What is your point? A good team can't have a bad game? This is why they play the games. Sometimes good teams don't step up. To discount a teams season all because they didn't bother showing up for the big one seems a little stupid to me. But hey, there is a lot of stupid around here. :D

The Browns beat the Chiefs.

The Dolphins beat stomped the Patriots.

The Texans beat the Colts.

The Dolphins beat the Bears.

What is your point? A good team can't have a bad game? This is why they play the games. Sometimes good teams don't step up. To discount a teams season all because they didn't bother showing up for the big one seems a little stupid to me. But hey, there is a lot of stupid around here. :D

NFL is not comparable to the college game. NFL is supposedly the all stars of college, while most of the college players are just average and don't go anywhere afterwards. I believe if a team played ALL year to get to the national championship or a BCS game, they would play their best. The Big Ten is not as great as it is made out to be, just like Notre Dame.

Also, if you want to say that, Rutgers, Louisville , and West Virginia lost 1, 2, and 2 games respectively. Say what you want of who they played, but it is still hard to go a season and only lose 1 or 2 games.

Edited by CD6405

:D Gomer, let me try this again. You keep saying crap like Minnesota(a freaking 6-7 team) would be favored over Rutgers. Then, when I make you look like the simpleton you are, you respond with Cal and Wisconsin. They are both good teams(which may or may not bneat Loisville or Rutgers), but that is not what you said. But then again, you are probably so smoked up you don't remember what you said. It is OK, I understand. It is like trying to explain things to my 7 year old. Sometimes you just give up. :bash:

Minnesota wouldn't have been favored over Rutgers? Are you sure about that? :clap:

Rugters over Cal and Wisconsin? Are you freaking kidding me?! :tup: Only an obnoxious tweenager would make such an idiotic claim. Talk about being "smoked up." :D

BTW, I realize that Minnesota wasn't very good this year. But they're usually a competitive team and, on average, would match up very favorably with the likes of Louisville and Rutgers. Same goes for the middle-of-the-pack Big 10 and Pac 10 teams like Iowa, Penn State, Michigan State, Cal, ULCA, Oregon, and Oregon State. The Big Least is a joke of a division where even a down-and-out team like Minnesota would do no worse than fourth place.

This past season was a poor one for the Big Ten. IIRC, only four of their teams were ranked in the Top 25 and there was a large drop-off after that. Then again, Michigan and Ohio state each had three quality wins against ranked teams during the regular season this past year, while Louisville and Rutgers had only one each.

Edited by Bill Swerski

This past season was a poor one for the Big Ten. IIRC, only four of their teams were ranked in the Top 25 and there was a large drop-off after that. Then again, Michigan and Ohio state each had three quality wins against ranked teams during the regular season this past year, while Louisville and Rutgers had only one each.

quit clouding the issue with facts :D

...And Wisconsin had zero quality wins against a ranked opponent during the season, yet they were the only one to win their bowl game, with the 100th toughest schedule...out of 119 teams.

...And Wisconsin had zero quality wins against a ranked opponent during the season, yet they were the only one to win their bowl game, with the 100th toughest schedule...out of 119 teams.

seems to me then that not always the best team wins a bowl game ... is that your logic or what are you saying?

seems to me then that not always the best team wins a bowl game ... is that your logic or what are you saying?

I never said Wisconsin shouldn't have won their bowl game did I? Arkansas is a young team that came out of nowhere with no QB. Since McFadden was hurt, it was easy to shut down the offense where every play is a run.

Gee, maybe that has to do with Ohio State and Michigan playing the then-#2 and #4 teams in the nation? I'd love to see ANY of the Big Least teams beat Florida or USC in a bowl game. :D

Strength of scheduling rankings are deceiving. But there's no ambiguity when a team puts up a quality win against a good team. The top two Big Ten teams had three each.

Who were the quality wins? The only two I see as quality for OSU are Texas and Michigan, and both Michigan and OSU were overrated.

Michigan beat no one good, Notre Dame = crap.

EDIT: only good team beaten was Wisconsin.

Edited by CD6405

Who were the quality wins? The only two I see as quality for OSU are Texas and Michigan, and both Michigan and OSU were overrated.

Michigan beat no one good, Notre Dame = crap.

EDIT: only good team beaten was Wisconsin.

I'm defining a quality win as a win against a team that is ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the season. Oh, and Michigan only had one quality win. My bad. Michigan beat Notre Dame, Wisconsin, and Penn State, all three of which were Top 25 teams at the end of the season.

Notre Dame is not crap. They'd beat both Louisville and Rutgers by a mile.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I'm defining a quality win as a win against a team that is ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the season. Oh, and Michigan only had one quality win. My bad.

Hmm... extending my hatred of Notre Dumb, or using them as a pawn to defend the Big T1e1n... :D

Golden Domers suck! They'd be a 6 or 7 win team in the Big Ten. :D

I'm defining a quality win as a win against a team that is ranked in the Top 25 at the end of the season. Oh, and Michigan only had one quality win. My bad.

Only reason ND is ranked is because they are the Media Darling, They played 2 good teams during the regular season and got demolished, then played a good team in the bowl and got crushed. GT is average at most because of the down season in the ACC, and then Army, Navy, Air Force, Mich St, UNC, Standford, etc. are all crap.

Crazy... i thought i was going to get to read 4 pages about the Falcons new head coach.

I guess I'll settle for one, and then 3 pages about bowl games.

:D:D