[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ravens' Billick Stirring the Pot

Rockerbraves

For some reason, I would have guessed that you would have felt that the SB that you won a couple of years ago was the most important game in Ravens history.

Call me nuts, but SBs are always more important that Conference Semi-Final games...

He said HOME GAME, not the most IMPORTANT GAME in Raven's history :D

Or maybe they could swing by early and take a look at our Lombardi Trophy? You know, so Indy would know what one looks like :D

THE Colts owned one long before the Crows were even an idea. And 2 other NFL championships. Get over it.

:D

lol @ Billick. That's a very lame - and totally unneeded - move. If this is what he has to stoop to for motivation, maybe they're in more trouble than I thought.

Doubt it tho. :bash:

Good article by Barry Levinson from The Sun today.

LOL - more like yet another of a zillion examples of Baltimorons at their lowest, er finest.

"The upcoming playoff game between the Baltimore Ravens and the Indianapolis Colts is more than a playoff game" uh no, that's exactly and all it is. Get a life :D

Even if I wasn't a Colts fan I'd root for them, just to laugh at the town that was so f'ed up and stupid it pissed away its own team that it supposedly loved so much. The funniest part is that even if the Crows win the next 3 SBs in a row and the Colts never win any, they'll still be pissing and whining. :D

Edit, PS etc: Re. the other actual-worth-reading article:

Unitas soured on the Colts' management in 1972 when he wasn't allowed to finish his career in Baltimore.

"A reporter friend called and said, 'John, [you've been] traded to San Diego,' " said his wife, Sandra. "It was so inconsiderate, so horrible for fans."

It did suck, but he was more than a little past his prime and should have retired. And I do believe they got (at least) a #1 pick for him which helped rebuild the team into a force in the 70s.

Colt Hall of Fame halfback Lenny Moore says he was mistreated by the Indianapolis Colts as well. He was working for the Baltimore Colts in community relations when they abruptly left town. "I was temporarily laid off, and that's the last I ever heard from them at all," he said. "Not a letter. Nothing."
That does suck, period. Then again that was R Irsay all over. He defined POS owner; I don't think any sane person would argue that. I still curse the day Rosenbloom swapped franchises w/him. Edited by BeeR

[quote name='BeeR' date='1/13/07 9:33am' post='1887878'

That does suck, period. Then again that was R Irsay all over. He defined POS owner; I don't think any sane person would argue that. I still curse the day Rosenbloom swapped franchises w/him.

This is one thing I don't understand. If Baltimore was so great to the Colts, why did 2 owners bail on them?

THE Colts owned one long before the Crows were even an idea. And 2 other NFL championships. Get over it.

:D

I wasn't aware that the INDIANAPOLIS Colts had EVER won a Super Bowl. :D

If you need to claim the glory of another city and another era as your own to satisfy your need for victory, I suppose it's understandable. Hope that works out for ya.

I wasn't aware that the INDIANAPOLIS Colts had EVER won a Super Bowl. :D

If you need to claim the glory of another city and another era as your own to satisfy your need for victory, I suppose it's understandable. Hope that works out for ya.

Actually, I think the Indianapolis Colts have more right to claim the Baltimore Colts championships than the Ravens do. They are the same franchise. The Ravens franchise would be able to claim Cleveland Browns championships prior to their move, that is, if they had any. :D

Actually, I think the Indianapolis Colts have more right to claim the Baltimore Colts championships than the Ravens do. They are the same franchise. The Ravens franchise would be able to claim Cleveland Browns championships prior to their move, that is, if they had any. :D

That's the point Menudo, we don't claim any other city's history.

That's the point Menudo, we don't claim any other city's history.

Not all Colts fans are from Indianapolis or Baltimore, so to many of those type of fans I think they would just view that as Colts history regardless of the city the Colts are playing in. I personally have never counted Super Bowl championships that occurred in Baltimore because I live in Indianapolis and more interested in Indianapolis history.

I didn't realize that the old Colt hall of famers are listed as Indianapolis Colts. I think that's stupid. Why not call them by the name the team had when they played there? I think the NFL is wildly inconsistent with this. When Unitas died Manning wanted to honor him, but the NFL would only allow Baltimore to honor him. So, does the NFL view him as part of Colts franchise history or the city of Baltimore's history. I tend to view it as both. I tend to view it as both Colts franchise history and the city of Baltimore's history. But, not Indianapolis' history or Ravens history.

Not all Colts fans are from Indianapolis or Baltimore, so to many of those type of fans I think they would just view that as Colts history regardless of the city the Colts are playing in. I personally have never counted Super Bowl championships that occurred in Baltimore because I live in Indianapolis and more interested in Indianapolis history.

I didn't realize that the old Colt hall of famers are listed as Indianapolis Colts. I think that's stupid. Why not call them by the name the team had when they played there? I think the NFL is wildly inconsistent with this. When Unitas died Manning wanted to honor him, but the NFL would only allow Baltimore to honor him. So, does the NFL view him as part of Colts franchise history or the city of Baltimore's history. I tend to view it as both. I tend to view it as both Colts franchise history and the city of Baltimore's history. But, not Indianapolis' history or Ravens history.

Good points :D

Well said.

Worked out real well last night, thanks :D

lol - that post is funny on a number of levels, but anyway, heydave summed it up nicely. I am a Colt fan. I don't "claim the glory" (whatever that means) of any particular city or era. Just my team. Didn't like the move but they're still my team.

Oh well.....I guess BALT will have to "claim the glory" of another era now that they're sitting at home; hey hope that works out for ya.