[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The day after......

rocknrobn26

I agree with alot of what you say Tom. But seriously, Grossman blows. And blows badly. I think Lovie screwed the pooch in sticking with him all year. He should have had Griese out there when it became readily apparent that Grossman couldnt cut the mustard. I dont ever see Grossman being anything but a very below average stop gap measure.

I agree with alot of what you say Tom. But seriously, Grossman blows. And blows badly. I think Lovie screwed the pooch in sticking with him all year. He should have had Griese out there when it became readily apparent that Grossman couldnt cut the mustard. I dont ever see Grossman being anything but a very below average stop gap measure.

B - bad

E - effort

A - again

R - rex,

S - sorry

I'm sure if you were an Indy fan, you were acutely aware of that when the 4th quarter began 22-17. Bears won ugly all year, and I'm sure that was in many Colts' fans mind.

As someone who had the Colts -7, I was well aware of the 5 point lead and thinking it seemed like Deja Vu all over again. Even the final score didn't accurately reflect how much the Colts really outplayed the Bears.

Bears have the luxury of playing in the nfc so all in all they should have a fair shot at getting back to sb , but they need an upgrade at qb to really get it done

I don't necessarily think its a bad idea to change QB's but Rex still had one bad game in the 3 post-season games he played in this year. I think for Da Bears to win it all next year, they have to sustain a dominant defense like they had earlier in the year.

Bears have the luxury of playing in the nfc so all in all they should have a fair shot at getting back to sb , but they need an upgrade at qb to really get it done

I've been hearing this AFC is soooo much better BS for too long! Show me the proof.

Not pickin' at ya IS, but where's the proof that the AFC dominated the NFC all season? Some people accept that as a given. I don't! Someone show me the proof and I'll retract, and be contrite!

I've been hearing this AFC is soooo much better BS for too long! Show me the proof.

Not pickin' at ya IS, but where's the proof that the AFC dominated the NFC all season? Some people accept that as a given. I don't! Someone show me the proof and I'll retract, and be contrite!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../701280531/1006

40 - 24 AFC wins 2006. :D

This season, AFC teams went 40-24 during interconference play. The Bears (13-3) were no exception; until the final week of the season, their only losses had come against AFC opponents. The four NFC division champions went a combined 6-10 against the AFC, and Dallas was the only NFC team with a winning interconference record.

This imbalance of power is not limited to 2006. Except for 2000, when the series was tied at 30, the AFC has had a winning record against the NFC every season since 1996. AFC teams have also won seven of the past nine Super Bowls, beginning with Denver's upset of Green Bay in Super Bowl XXXII.

Well, I think the head to head regular season matchups between the AFC and the NFC have been weighted fairly heavily to the AFC in recent history. The last 10 or superbowls also tell a story, but I'll let someone who knows the stats bring them up for you.

I think there were definitely more quality teams in the AFC this year and last year. I believe the road to the superbowl in the NFC is easier than the AFC. I'm not as convinced that the AFC representative will necessarily be head and shoulders above the NFC rep every year.

This season, AFC teams went 40-24 during interconference play. The Bears (13-3) were no exception; until the final week of the season, their only losses had come against AFC opponents. The four NFC division champions went a combined 6-10 against the AFC, and Dallas was the only NFC team with a winning interconference record.

This imbalance of power is not limited to 2006. Except for 2000, when the series was tied at 30, the AFC has had a winning record against the NFC every season since 1996. AFC teams have also won seven of the past nine Super Bowls, beginning with Denver's upset of Green Bay in Super Bowl XXXII.

Without seeing those exact stats, I'll concede! :D