[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indy homers

Atlas

Huddle bretheren

I'm heading out to Indy for the weekend (with the wife :D )

Any suggestion for places to eat? :D

Suggestions from mid to upscale (the wife) would be great.

Gonna be there Thurs-Fri -Sat before heading out Sun morning.

Don't know the area at all, but if it helps. I believe I'm staying at the Hilton.

Thanks

:tup:

Huddle bretheren

I'm heading out to Indy for the weekend (with the wife :D )

Any suggestion for places to eat? :D

Suggestions from mid to upscale (the wife) would be great.

Gonna be there Thurs-Fri -Sat before heading out Sun morning.

Don't know the area at all, but if it helps. I believe I'm staying at the Hilton.

Thanks

:tup:

Well, if you want a great steak dinner, there are a lot of choices, however, I would recommend St. Elmo's, but you will need to get reservations!!! It's a 100+ year old Steakhouse right downtown, and around the corner from the Hilton. If you go, it's a requirement you have the Shrimp Cocktail, but I'll warn you........IT'S HOT!!!! It's more upscale, so you'll spend $75 - $100 or more depending on how much you drink........

Other upscale restaurants downtown include Palomino, Oceanaire, and the regulars like Ruth Chris & Morton’s. There is also a Shula's downtown in the Westin hotel as well........There are some decent brew pubs downtown as well like Alcatraz Brewing Co, and Rock Bottom. Either way, there are a bunch of great restaurants downtown, so you've got a lot of choices.......

If you've never been to downtown Indy, also check out Circle Center mall.....your wife will love it.

Also forgot to add that St. Elmo has their own wine cellar and a very extensive selection.

There's also a really nice Irish pub on the south side of downtown called The Claddaugh (sp?). I highly recommend the bangers and mash (British-style sausage and mashed potatoes). The shepherd's pies aren't bad, either.

I cannot believe how many things in Indy are here in Minneapolis...

We aslo have Mortons, Ruth Chris, Palamino, Oceanaire, and a Claddaugh

That's because Indy just borrows from other places, they don't really come up with anything there.

But you don't have a St. Elmo's!!! Tasty!!! :D

Not only that, but the wait staff is awesome. We had a seat next to a window on a cold, windy day and they brought my mother a space heater without her even asking.

I've lived in five different states and St. Elmo is, by far, the best dining experience I've had.

Thank you gentlemen.

I will certainly make St Elmo's a must eat!

I'll let her pick the other two nights.

Some of the NFL docs are getting together in conjuction with the combines. Don't know whether we'll actually see them are not. Let you know when I get back.

Thank you gentlemen.

I will certainly make St Elmo's a must eat!

I'll let her pick the other two nights.

Some of the NFL docs are getting together in conjuction with the combines. Don't know whether we'll actually see them are not. Let you know when I get back.

You an NFL doc!!?? Very Sweet!!! :D

Make sure you get reservations, if you don't, you'll never get in....

Did you go?

The wife and I were there Saturday night. Reps from the Bengals sat about three tables from us. I also saw Antonio Pittman on my way out of the restraunt. There were tons of other NFL prospects, but I don't watch a ton of college football, so I couldn't ID many of them. I had the filet (medium) and a shrimp cocktail. So good!

Edited by CaptainHook

Did you go?

The wife and I were there Saturday night. Reps from the Bengals sat about three tables from us. I also saw Antonio Pittman on my way out of the restraunt. There were tons of other NFL prospects, but I don't watch a ton of college football, so I couldn't ID many of them. I had the filet (medium) and a shrimp cocktail. So good!

Hook, how is the Filet at St. Elmo's??? Every time I've been there, I usually end up getting either the Porterhouse or the Prime Rib (both massive slabs of beef!!!!)

Typically I'll get a 2nd Shrimp cocktail to go for the next day. They should really bottle that sauce!!!