[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheap hotel suites?

chester

We like to use those Priceline type of sites for hotels quite often, but sometimes we want a suite (kitchen, possibly seperate bedroom, hottub, etc)

We've never really found an option for that type of room other than to put in the highest star rating and hope for something.

Does anybody have any experience with this or can offer any advise on how to get them cheaper than list price?

No specific advice, but sometimes it's cheaper to deal directly with the hotel itself than to go through one of those services. And when you do that, their search options tend to be more specific on the room types.

Yeah, that's usually how we get 'em.

But quite often we decide on Thurs or Fri to get away for the weekend for no reason. (We live 90 miles from Minneapolis) And we'll quite often get a hotel in downtown for like $45. It'd be nice to upgrade to a suite for something like $80 instead of the $130-$200 listed.

I'll put in last minute request on hotwire for suites here in St. Louis and usually get pretty good deals if they're listing any. I got a suite for $175 once from the Ritz. The only problem is that they don't list the name of the hotel just the rating so I took a gamble based on the rating they were giving the "hotel".

All I have to say is...

I was part of Priceline's original design team and launched airlines, auto, hotel, groceries, gas...

I still feel so closely to Priceline, I get a kick out of any time I see somebody mention them, as if they are a small company and it's a kick that others know about them.