[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Detroit Tiger Game with Huddlers

Puddy

One more interesting that I had forgotten about was when we walked past a homeless person on our way to the game and Puddy started laughingly talking about how when he and his friends were in college they used to throw pennies at the feet of homeless people just to watch them run around and try to pick up the change.

(I might have some of the details of the story off a little bit, but overall I'm pretty sure that was the gist of it.) :D

Nice puddy, nice. :D

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice puddy, nice. :D

If you think that's bad, you should have heard what he said when we were driving through Little Mexico. (Something about piling whole families into cars to go out to eat on Easter--I wish I could tell you the whole story, but I had to cover my ears to keep from being completely offended.)

If you think that's bad, you should have heard what he said when we were driving through Little Mexico. (Something about piling whole families into cars to go out to eat on Easter--I wish I could tell you the whole story, but I had to cover my ears to keep from being completely offended.)

There goes his favorite huddler award for 2007. First the homeless, then the Mexicans, what's next Puddy, the Handicapped and elderly. Sheesh.

It's funny when I drove by Mexicantown with Puddy he didn't have any Mexican jokes then. Now I understand Puddy, now I understand. LP sucks!

I mean your own brother looks Mexican but that didn't stop you? :D:D

There goes his favorite huddler award for 2007. First the homeless, then the Mexicans, what's next Puddy, the Handicapped and elderly. Sheesh.

It's funny when I drove by Mexicantown with Puddy he didn't have any Mexican jokes then. Now I understand Puddy, now I understand. LP sucks!

I mean your own brother looks Mexican but that didn't stop you? :doh::D

:D Man a lot of people have said that :tup:

I think he rightly assumed that Puddy really shouldn't have been allowed to become a Huddler. :tup:

I had a good time yesterday. I picked up Egret at ten and then spent the 1.5 hour drive over to Detroit listening to him talk about how he beat his 2 year-old up so badly on Saturday that he gave him a bloody nose. We made it to a bar near the old Tiger Stadium (in the good part of Detroit) around 11:20 or so. We ordered some beer only to be told that they weren't allowed to sell us any beer until noon. I was like :D and the bartender must felt sorry about denying someone from St. Louis his beer, because sure enough he changed his mind and brought us some beer anyway. Puddy and ChuckB showed up around 11:30 and then Furd came walking through the door about 20 minutes or so later. It was obvious from the get-go that Furd wanted nothing to do with us as he walked right past us on the way in and then completely ignored Puddy when he called out "Furd". But after taking a quick lap around the bar, I guess Furd decided that we were the least worst group in the entire bar and he then graced us with his presence.

We stayed at the bar for a while and then took the bar shuttle over to the game. As it turned out, we were sitting in the nose-bleed seats and it seemed that Furd was about to pass out either from altitude sickness or the sheer embarrassment of not being down in box-seats. Furd ended up getting stuck sitting next to me during the game, for which I rewarded him by spilling pizza toppings over his $250 blue jeans. He initially also seemed to be under the impression that the stereotype about economic professors being uninteresting and boring was false--but by about the middle of the second inning I think he realized his mistake. I did try to make up for my lack of conversation skills by trying to hook him up with a hottie who was wearing tiger-striped pants and holding up a sign that said "Got Milk", but for some reason ol' Hankk wanted none of it. :D

Overall, the game itself wasn't that exciting (the Cardinals, as expected for this season, put up an anemic effort and lost 6-3). Interestingly, the nine runs scored in the game equaled the number of times that Egret had to get up to use the restroom. Egret also ended up buying up half of the children's toys in the Tigers Team Store (likely to bribe his broken-nosed son into loving his dad again).

After the game we had to head back to the bar to get our cars, but now it seemed the shuttle bus wanted $5 for the ride back (when they had only charged $3 for the ride to the game). We ended up taking a cab back to the bar for only $10 (which pleased Puddy, Chuck, Egret and me because it saved us money and it pleased Furd because he didn't have to ride with the unwashed masses again).

We then decided that we would go out to eat dinner in Detroit's Little Mexico (which is when Furd decided to ditch us). Along the way, Puddy gave us a tour of some of Detroit's finest places (such as the Detroit Train Station). I enjoyed the tour, although it did make me feel a little homesick for East St. Louis. On our way to the "restaunt", we passed a group of people who were changing a tire on a minivan, but for some reason Puddy didn't stop to offer his help (this is true). Puddy also entertained us with tales of his high-school exploits--most notably about how he and and friend once rented a limo and took some girls from the UP on a tour of Detroit's homeless population in an ill-advised and unsuccessful attempt to garner both street-cred and carnal knowledge.

I didn't get as much of a chance to talk with ChuckB as I would have liked. He seems like he would have been more in his element during a night-game than during the daytime. (He also seemed to be feeling the effects of his 24-hour Relay for Life fundraiser.) I will say this about, ChuckB, he indeed does have a very round head and hence the moniker ChuckB (for Charlie Brown) comes to him honestly. If I lived closer to Detroit, I would join Chuck's bowling team.

All in all, it was a very nice day and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

This is an excellent recount. :doh: wiegie pays attention I guess.

One more interesting that I had forgotten about was when we walked past a homeless person on our way to the game and Puddy started laughingly talking about how when he and his friends were in college they used to throw pennies at the feet of homeless people just to watch them run around and try to pick up the change.

(I might have some of the details of the story off a little bit, but overall I'm pretty sure that was the gist of it.) :D

The only detail you messed up was that they threw the change in the street and laughed as the homeless dodged oncoming traffic to try to pick it up.

He is one messed up dude that Puddy.

These couple of posts are not quite as accurate. There is 10% truth and 90% attempt at hughmor.

Actually wiegie/egret were the one throwing disparging comments just because the beeners couldn't spell restaurant. :D

Edited by Puddy

These couple of posts are not quite as accurate. There is 10% truth and 90% attempt at hughmor.

Actually wiegie/egret were the one throwing disparging comments just because the beeners couldn't spell restaurant. :D

Notice how Puddy conveniently avoids trying to explain exactly which 10% is true. :D

And speaking of Egret, on our way back to Lansing we encountered some construction on I-96. Egret suggested that we could get off the highway and take a "short-cut" through Howell (the Michigan headquarters of the Ku Klux Klan.) He tried to get me to stop at a pawn shop so that he could buy a white hood, but I wouldn't stop.

After the game we had to head back to the bar to get our cars, but now it seemed the shuttle bus wanted $5 for the ride back (when they had only charged $3 for the ride to the game). We ended up taking a cab back to the bar for only $10 (which pleased Puddy, Chuck, Egret and me because it saved us money and it pleased Furd because he didn't have to ride with the unwashed masses again).

Went to the game yesterday afternoon and did the Nemo's thing again. Well the ride back is free afterall. :D

Not sure what we overheard about $5 on Sunday.

Went to the game yesterday afternoon and did the Nemo's thing again. Well the ride back is free afterall. :D

Not sure what we overheard about $5 on Sunday.

I think I was in the bathroom during the announcement.

Edited by Egret