[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New dynasty draft

For those of you that are bored & might enjoy a little diversion.

This is a vet draft that is just completing. Scoring is such that 6 QBs, 6 RBs, 5 WRs, & 4 LBs scored in the top 25 last year. Scoring for D is heavy on tackles, ppr is adjusted so that RBs score 0.25 ppr, TEs score 0.75 ppr, and all others score 0.5 ppr.

12 teams, all TDs are 6 pts. KRs score about half of what Ks do for the year and only score on return yardage & return TDs even if they play a position like DB or WR. Start 22, 11 on O including K & KR - 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 WRs, 1-3 TEs, 1 KR, 1 K. Start 11 on D, 3-4-4, 4-3-4, or 3-3-5.

I traded my 1st round vet pick & my 1st round rookie pick for the other team's 2nd, 3rd, & 6th rounders in the vet draft (my slot was 1.06 in vet & 1.07 in rookie). Drafted LB Antonio Pierce in the 8th round and immediately traded him with my 18th & 20th rounders for the other team's 9th, 17th, & 19th rounders (picked Witherspoon with the 9th rounder).

Here's the team I drafted:

QB

McNabb, Donovan PHI

Hasselbeck, Matt SEA

Schaub, Matt ATL

Feeley, A.J. PHI

Orlovsky, Dan DET

RB

Westbrook, Brian PHI

McAllister, Deuce NOS

Norwood, Jerious ATL

Brown, Chris TEN

Rhodes, Dominic IND

Dayne, Ron HOU

WR

Smith, Steve CAR

Williams, Roy DET

Coles, Laveranues NYJ

Jackson, Vincent SDC

Marshall, Brandon DEN

Johnson, Bryant ARI

Copper, Terrance NOS

Orr, Jonathan TEN

Williams, Brandon SFO

TE

Crumpler, Alge ATL

Clark, Desmond CHI

Smith, Alex TBB

Klopfenstein, Joe STL

KR

Mathis, Jerome HOU KR

Hixon, Domenik DEN KR

K

Stover, Matt BAL PK 124.00 7

Carney, John NOS PK 117.00 7

DL (all DEs)

Mathis, Robert IND

Abraham, John ATL

Cole, Trent PHI

Kerney, Patrick FA

Okeafor, Chike ARI

Adeyanju, Victor STL

LB

Bulluck, Keith TEN

Urlacher, Brian CHI

Witherspoon, Will STL

Crowell, Angelo BUF

Thornton, David TEN

Hodge, Abdul GBP

Simmons, Brian CIN

DB

Hamlin, Ken SEA S

McGee, Terrence BUF CB

Collins, Nick GBP S

Kennedy, Kenoy DET S

Kaesviharn, Kevin CIN S

Hill, Renaldo MIA S

Smith, Dwight MIN S

Williams, Shaun CAR S

Have fun! All comments & suggestions welcome.

Edited by Bronco Billy

It's always tough to assess a team in the off-season because so much can/will happen before the season starts that can dramatically change the value of any given player, so I'll keep my comments very generalized.

I like the QB's, two possible top 10 guys, and some good upside QB's waiting in the wings.

I think you're very thin at RB, with too many potential RBBC guys. Aside from BW, no one right now is a featuer back.

In a league where you can start 5 WR's, you don't have a tremendous amount of depth, but I like the Smith, Williams and Coles trio.

Good TE's. With your depth here, and slight lack thereof at WR, you might find yourself starting more than one TE.

I like all three sets of defensive players. In Bullock and Urlacher you have top 5 LB's. Good DB's, moderately good DL's.

Good team, can you show me where each guy was picked, it would be interesting to see.

can you show me where each guy was picked, it would be interesting to see.

2.01	Westbrook, Brian PHI RB2.07	Smith, Steve CAR WR3.06	Williams, Roy DET WR3.12	McNabb, Donovan PHI QB4.07	McAllister, Deuce NOS RB5.06	Norwood, Jerious ATL RB 6.01	Bulluck, Keith TEN LB6.07	Urlacher, Brian CHI LB7.06	Crumpler, Alge ATL TE8.07	Pierce, Antonio NYG LB (traded away)9.03	Witherspoon, Will STL LB9.06	Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR10.07	Hasselbeck, Matt SEA QB11.06	Jackson, Vincent SDC WR12.07	Marshall, Brandon DEN WR 13.06	Clark, Desmond CHI TE14.07	Crowell, Angelo BUF LB15.06	Hamlin, Ken SEA S16.07	Rhodes, Dominic IND RB16.10	Brown, Chris TEN RB18.07	Mathis, Robert IND DE18.10	Abraham, John ATL DE20.07	Collins, Nick GBP S21.06	Cole, Trent PHI DE22.07	McGee, Terrence BUF CB23.06	Schaub, Matt ATL QB24.07	Dayne, Ron HOU RB25.06	Smith, Alex TBB TE26.07	Johnson, Bryant ARI WR27.06	Hodge, Abdul GBP LB ®28.07	Okeafor, Chike ARI DE29.06	Thornton, David TEN LB30.07	Copper, Terrance NOS WR31.06	Kennedy, Kenoy DET S32.07	Stover, Matt BAL PK33.06	Smith, Dwight MIN S34.07	Kerney, Patrick FA DE35.06	Klopfenstein, Joe STL TE 36.07	Feeley, A.J. PHI QB37.06	Orlovsky, Dan DET QB38.07	Carney, John NOS PK39.06	Kaesviharn, Kevin CIN S40.07	Mathis, Kevin ATL S41.06	Hixon, Domenik DEN KR 42.07	Mathis, Jerome HOU KR43.06	Adeyanju, Victor STL DE 44.07	Simmons, Brian CIN LB45.06	Hill, Renaldo MIA S46.07	Orr, Jonathan TEN WR 47.06	Williams, Shaun CAR S48.07	Williams, Brandon SFO WR 

Edited by Bronco Billy

I think you're very thin at RB, with too many potential RBBC guys. Aside from BW, no one right now is a featuer back.

Agreed. I'm hoping for some FA help with Brown, Rhodes, and/or Dayne. I also need Norwood to step up.

In a league where you can start 5 WR's, you don't have a tremendous amount of depth, but I like the Smith, Williams and Coles trio.

I'd agree with you, but I really like Vincent Jackson's chances at making a splash. McCardell is gone, Rivers now has a full years starting under his belt, and Jackson was the only WR who caught more than 3 TDs for SD (he had 6, Floyd had 3 and no other WR had any).

I also know from watching first hand that Brandon Marshall & Cutler have some good chemistry, and that Marshall is a big, strong kid who can make circus catches & run well after the catch.

I'm also hoping Bryant Johnson leaves AZ via FA next season. I think he could rack up some numbers elsewhere. The rest are flyers, but in decent situations.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I like your overall team. your defense will be excellent which should hold you in games all year by itself.

Your offense has good overall potential. you are weak at RB and I would try to do what Perch talked about and get a lesser QB and a decent RB for maybe McNabb since he is always hurt anyways.

But overall I liked how you drafted as you should be good for the now and even better for the later as you have some good young players(especially at WR) who should emerge in the next couple years.

I appreciate the feedback so far.

I do believe this is a league that can be won without stud starting RBs, though.

With 22 starters, that means 264 players have to start every week. THrow out the Ks & KRs, who as usual have minimal weekly impact, and that leaves 240 starters every week.

Of the top 100 scorers in the league last year, it broke down this way:

QB 21

RB 16

WR 21

TE 3

DL 2

LB 25

DB 12

That means that of the top 100 scorers, barely more than the #1 RBs from each team cracked that threshold. On the other hand, the #1 & #2 LBs made the list, and almost the #1 & #2 QBs & WRs, as well as the #1 DB.

That tells me that the value in this league is a starting QB, having a good WR corps, and having a studly LB corps, with some solid RBs & DBs. If I can get a 1 RB in the top 12 and a second one in the top 30, it ought to be enough to push me into the upper echelon of the league.

From my estimates, I've got 2 top QBs - McNabb was the top ppg QB in the league, & Hasselbeck is top 10 when healthy. Westbrook ought to get me into the top 12 with my #1 RB. S Smith, R Williams, & Coles ought to get me 3 WRs in the top 21. I should have 2 LBs in the top 7-8, and then 2 other starters in the top 20 - that's where I plan on making my hay. If I can get a couple of DBs into the top 20, I'd be really pleased & ought to score very well as a team.

I am counting on a FA RB to catch on with a team or to have Norwood carry more of a share in ATL, and I am hoping for a couple of young WRs to make a mark. I think V Jackson can get close to 1000 yds & 7-8 TDs, and I think Marshall and/or B Johnson can get upwards of 700-800 yds. Any breakout by one of the young flyers would be a huge bonus.

Thoughts on that strategy?

Thoughts on that strategy?

I dig it. You're strong enough at WR, QB and LB to carry the team. If one of your flyer RB's produces, you're even in better shape. That being said, I'm never a fan of having 2 tops guys when I can only start one, so I'd also look into the possibility of moving one of your QB's and maybe one of your flyer RB's for an RB upgrade. Not something you have to do today or tomorrow, but something worth considering imo.

Was just thinking about this some more. In my experience playing fantasy football, I've found that every time that I've had a very succesful team was when that team was built around two top RB's. I have one exception, and that's a dynasty/IDP league I'm in. My LB's are Ray Lewis, Keith Bullock, Vilma, Bart Scott, and London Fletcher. Just some more food for thought.

I dig it. You're strong enough at WR, QB and LB to carry the team. If one of your flyer RB's produces, you're even in better shape. That being said, I'm never a fan of having 2 tops guys when I can only start one, so I'd also look into the possibility of moving one of your QB's and maybe one of your flyer RB's for an RB upgrade. Not something you have to do today or tomorrow, but something worth considering imo.

That's very sage advice. I agree, once things settle out a bit, it would be well worth fishing around a bit.

I'm curious BB - is this a full dynasty roster you just drafted? Or is are you throwing anything back into the pot while keeping half your team?

I know dynasty means no turnover, I just want to be sure you've gone from 0 to locked roster in one draft.

I'm curious BB - is this a full dynasty roster you just drafted? Or is are you throwing anything back into the pot while keeping half your team?

I know dynasty means no turnover, I just want to be sure you've gone from 0 to locked roster in one draft.

That's correct - full dynasty draft. This is not a keeper league.